Model Cars Magazine Forum

The Gumball Rally- GUMBALL HAS STARTED

Nick Winter

I didn't bring it with me to work today but I did get the bmf and decals on last night. I went with white decals. I am going with a black interior to give it a stock look. Just a couple dots of touch up paint and then I will get it clear coated.

I didn't get a chance to paint the chassis yet, but have plans to do that tonight. If I put enough effort into completing this I am sure I can wrap it up tonight or over the weekend.

I'll get pictures tonight.

My coronet is almost done. I got the chassis done and interior 90% done, and the body is cleared and waiting for it to cure. After it cures then it's final assembly.

For the interior all that's left is painting the dash and detailing the door panels and center console.

Then windows and bumpers.

I didn't bring it to work to snap photos, but being I am almost done, the next photos will likely be completed model.

Yea Yea Tim I know, RHD car RH side of the road I have been to the states before but would never go back had a horrible time. Don't get me wrong Tim the people where great the food OK it was just the wrong time of the year, your winter our summer and we nearly froze luckily some kind folks gave us winter clothes as we didn't expect it to be that cold as our winters are more wet than cold here in Australia. Anyway back to the car as soon as I can get the RHD dash and the Mustang kit I'll be building but it could be more towards the end of the year than now, thanks for U'r remarks on the Falcon kit though it is a great kit and for a poly/resin kit very good the Partsbox here in my home state South Australia have done a good job.

Dingo B)

Edited by Dingo5162

Coronet gave me a difficult time. I need to break out the Dremel because I forgot to grind away material in the vent windows per the instructions. Also, the front frame assembly came off the rest of the chassis. So I will try to knock it out when I get home, should the styrene gods allow.