Model Cars Magazine Forum

train & slot

soonerolds

I haven't seen too many setups with both car & train, and can only offer one link to the Euro IMCA in 1/24 scale.

This is a very intense page, and can take a bit of time for all pics to load.

Unfortunately, there are not many shots of the layout, but there are some glimpses of the train stuff.

I think the main problem with doing trains & cars would be the scale and size of trains to the cars. The trains would tend to over power the car side of things.

It would be great to have it all working out though.

:(

• 2 months later...

When Aurora first came out with their Model Motoring line of HO slots around 1961 they figured that the train/slot combination would be big since trains were already a well established hobby and slots were brand new. They made a number of specialized track sections that included rail crossings for connection to standard HO track. BTW, at the time the cars were closer to real HO (1/87) before they gradually grew to 1/64 over the years. They also did the same thing when they brought out their 1/48 scale slot racing sets (I forget what the equivalent rail guage is) but that never really caught on. Anyway, some of that stuff might be available on Ebay or some other sources on the web.

I just did some looking around on Ebay and saw a number of straight railway crossings like this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Aurora-Model-Motoring-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm pretty sure they also made 4-way and tee intersections with rail crossings.

Mr Moto,

How did you slip through the cracks.... ? Please post your name, first and last in the signature box found in your Profile section. That is one of the few rules of this forum.

If you have a problem complying with this please PM me. Thanks!

:lol:

• 5 months later...