Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bruce larson`s: USA 1 Camaro F/C "Finished" pictures posted 7/12/12

Hello.......I am a little rusty but,I will attempt to get back into my first love...... which is vintage drag models......"Goat Guy" AKA Dave Ryberg........has provided some really good photos of the USA 1 Camaro F/C........I would like to make a nice replica of this F/C........the donor is the AMT Wynn`s 777 F/C and a Competition resins Camaro body and Slixx decals.......thanks for looking..... here is the link to the "Under Glass " section to see the finished pictures......thanks

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=61037IMG_0815.jpg

nhRRsat09_1944.jpg

BruceLarsonsawesome68CamaroflopperatAtcoPhotobyDaveMilcarek.jpgDSCF0921.jpg

Edited by John Teresi

Count me in. I'll be watching what you do, and we all know it will be worth it. I will have more pics for your reference as soon as I can get them off the camera. I was at Bruce's again today for over three hours taking pics AND helping him fix the prototype of the 70 Camaro that he accidentally dropped. Fortunately most of the loose pieces were due to lack of glue or gluing areas that still had chrome. I got pics from different angles of the Camaro, Vette, and the Ivo dragster that I hadn't taken last time.

Hello......I started work on the chassis......I had to lengthen 3/8 of an inch........I dug out some rear daisy wheels and the right front wheels......I will scratch build some new shocks and I still need to do more modifications to the chassis.......I will scratch build new tins as well......I bought a 68 Corvette model.....I will use the big block engine for this build.......thanks for looking.

DSCF0922.jpg

DSCF0924.jpg

DSCF0929.jpg

DSCF0925.jpg

DSCF0932.jpg

Looking good John but I was wondering about the Dyno Drags rig you've been working on? Did you finish it?

Hi Ken.......thanks for asking about the "Dyno Drags".......the decals are almost done.......a coulpe more days.......then I will apply them and clear coat everything......I have been working on this USA 1 Camaro.......because it was next on the bench.......so I thought I would get a head start on it.

John....this is going to be another one of your killer builds bud!! I will be following along on this journey. You will have this done in 3 weeks right... :P... ;). you are off to a heck of a start and it looks great so far. love your work.