Model Cars Magazine Forum

Badger crescendo or 150

Hello everyone, I was curious what the preference was between the Badger Crescendo 175 and the 150 were? I'm hoping to make the leap to airbrushing soon, and can't find any comparisons between these two units. I believe the 150 and 100 share parts, which would be nice as the 150 is siphon fed, whilst the 100 is gravity, So in theory I could use parts between the two? Any ideas?

I disagree with you choices. The badger 150 is the better brush but if I were you I would upgrade to something gravity fed. Much easier to clean. I have had nothing but problems with my 150. The needle bearing might give you lots of headaches. Goto the badger website first and see what they have. Thats where they put the blemished product. Right now there is a badger 100 for just over thirty dollars. If you do buy a badger make sure it has the screw in bearing. And check out the online buy-sell website in your area as well. I just found an Iwata eclipse for 85, never used.

Edited by sak

I'm going a bit different...Badger 155.....shoots everything....from mud to lacquers....it is a siphon feed , but comes with a non covered cup.

I have a couple of others....Gravity feed is not needed for most modeling needs.....its for fine details.