Model Cars Magazine Forum

Don Garlit`s: Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner 1/28/14

John Teresi

Hello……..I started this Don Garlit`s Swamp Rat 33 Streamliner today………My good friend and little Brother Chris Sobak AKA "Mooneyzs"……..hooked me up with Shapeways / TDR 3D printing……..and he also ordered me a Flathead engine and blower set from Shapeways……..Chris also helped me research this project and gave me some advice ……..thank you Chris for your help little Brother :) ………I started building the chassis ……I will work on it tomorrow as well…….thanks for looking.

swamprat-33_zps7111cc7a.jpg

SwampRat33-42ndBvilleNats-1990-02-1_zps6

SwampRat33-41stBvilleNats-1989-01_zpsada

DSCF9537_zps70cc1cf6.jpg

DSCF9540_zpsc63dfd9d.jpg

John... You are welcome Brother!! I am excited to see you building this epic build I am grabbing my seat, some goodies and buckling up to watch this bad boy come to life popcorn3.gif . Also I am glad I was able to help you out, you know I am here for you Brother!! with anything on this build. And remember I will make room on my shelf for this to sit next to my Army Vega Funny Car... ;) . :P ... Sad thing is that you will probably finish this before I finish the Funny Car.... ROTFL.gif

John... My big brother this build is off to a great start. That chassis is looking killer. You are always impressing me with your builds. I am proud of you on this one. I can't believe you are almost done with the chassis. Put those Mini-me's to work I m already itching for another update....

Cool project.

His museum outside of Ocala Florida is awesome.

Actually it's two museums, one with the racing stuff and another building with restored cars and all kinds of neat old stuff.

If anybody is ever down that way you'd be really missing out in not going.

I have been there numerous times and he's been there when I was there twice.

Super nice guy, you have to just about yell for him to hear you though :)

I went in there just before I was to leave for Desert Storm and he came out from the work shop to talk to me and walk me around the place. He normally doesn't come out of the shop to "Visit" except on certain days but he probably spent a good hour and a half walking around with me.

Fantastic guy.

Hello…….thank you all very much for the kind comments…….I really do appreciate them :) ……..The chassis is done except for the main brackets…….I will finish up the brackets when I get my rear end and the rest of my engine…….I will start on the body next…….thanks for looking.

DSCF9559_zps38910d2a.jpg

DSCF9563_zps840cf787.jpg

DSCF9568_zpsef216c90.jpg

DSCF9565_zpscfd1d1dd.jpg

DSCF9560_zps0a33c856.jpg

DSCF9566_zps676d35f1.jpg

DSCF9564_zps4899f2f7.jpg

DSCF9562_zps720124b9.jpg