Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Old Coal Roller (Body Painted 2/15/2014)

Heres the start, Hacked up a lightning bed and put the sides on the original bed from the 56 ford, then glued the fenders onto the bed. Hoping to make a cummins for it. Mirrors and cab lights from revell peterbilt 359, wheels and tires from ford l8000, hoping for stacks too, and hopefully 4x4. Heres my inspiration a drawing from this past summer and the real deal, followed my my progress. IMG_20130824_103646_zpsa1dd8ac7.jpg4428714796_5354ff7ecd_o.jpgside_zpsfc496117.jpgrear_zpsdec40eac.jpg3quarted_zpse8316a9b.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

thanks. working on figuring out my suspension for the front. got the rear figured out but front is being interesting... Heres a shot with my current status.. Starting the cummins based off an AMC 4.0 i had Gonna be a fun experiment of a scratch build project...securedownload_zpsb167ccc3.jpg

Edited by Platerpants

Interesting your method of widening the front. Here is my 56 ford ALF pumper the I widened the wheel wells on using the existing fender trim cut off then cut into pieces and glued out further using evergreen strips then used filler in the gaps.

nice work

greg

post-13341-0-97087000-1392522680_thumb.j

yeah i know theres a cummins but after rolling my truck in january i have to save my money to get a new truck this was a present as the kit and any parts i got for it were purchased before my truck ended up upside down in a ditch... But if it hadnt of happened i would have hunted this engine down. Didnt get any work done on it today was a friends birthday so we got 11 of us together and went mudding a dodge and chevy got stuck though, my ford never got stuck when i had it... anyway work should come tomorrow.

Edited by Platerpants

• 2 weeks later...