Model Cars Magazine Forum

So...here's where everyone is!

Hi everybody!

I guess I'm the latest cross-over from elsewhere online. Glad to see familiar names here, and ones I haven't seen in a while! (Bob Downie, Bill Geary, etc.)

I'll post builds on the rare occasion that I finish one (!), and help out with info & parts when I can.

I'm Matt, and I'm a hot rod-aholic.

DSC02842-vi.jpg

It's really nice here, Matt. No trolls, no one constantly argueing, all the posts are actually about the MODEL CAR HOBBY (!) and, so far, there are not 38 people saying prayers for someone's grandmother,s neighbor's nephew who is having a bunyunectomy tomorrow. :wink:

Welcome aboard.

It's really nice here, Matt. No trolls, no one constantly argueing, all the posts are actually about the MODEL CAR HOBBY (!) and, so far, there are not 38 people saying prayers for someone's grandmother,s neighbor's nephew who is having a bunyunectomy tomorrow. :wink:

Welcome aboard.

:D:lol::lol:

Glad ya made it!!

When I showed up, I was happy to see that Bob Downie and Bill Geary are still at it, I missed seeing their work on the "other" board. This place has great potential, welcome aboard! Love that hotrod, you're gonna fit right in with this crowd!

Brian

Thanks everyone!

BigTruck - the front wheels & tires are from the Modelhaus (part #T-110 tires). The rear wheels are optional parts out of the Beatnik Bandit, in slicks from the Miss Deal AWB Studebaker.

The finned Buick drums are from an AMT '65 Riviera, and the backing plates, dropped axle, and split wishbones are from a 1/24 Monogram '32 Roadster. I sent all the front end parts out to be chromed.

Kinda nice to see "On Topic" post for a change! I was pleasantly surprised to see some names here that quietly dissappeared elsewhere. Granted, there still some great people "over there" that I enjoy trading post with... I'll have to nudge them to this board.

I'm Steve... and I'm like the poster boy for the Special Olympics of Model Building! :?

Hey, guys! I know that we have hit the magic 300 mark.

Aaaannnnnd ... a lot of you are probably migrants from HHB.

However,...

..... and I'll probably get in trouble for saying this, but lets be ... ah... exclusive, about who we "nudge" over to MCM forums. OK?

We want to keep the riff-raff out, if you know what I mean... nudge, nudge, wink, wink, say no more.

(What's that mother?.. OK, I'll be right there...)

I like all the boards....just elected to make this my one and only by choice and my choice only. My hats off to the moderators and all members on this board and 3 cheers to Gregg & Jairus for such a cool place to share our hobby............

Kinda nice to see "On Topic" post for a change! I was pleasantly surprised to see some names here that quietly dissappeared elsewhere. Granted, there still some great people "over there" that I enjoy trading post with... I'll have to nudge them to this board.

I'm Steve... and I'm like the poster boy for the Special Olympics of Model Building! :?

It looks like I may be the next one to quietly disappear there and re-appear here. posting on the "other board" is becoming way too much work.

Hi Matt! Welcome!

Darin, I've noticed a few other names over their dissappearing. Either they have not made it here yet or just gave up on the boards. However, I do agree with you.

I definitely mean no disrespect, but it seems to clicky over their for me. If you don't build anything from 1964 back it's not accepted.

I like it here and one other forum, where everyone appreciates the work regardless if they like it or not.

Chris

It looks like I may be the next one to quietly disappear there and re-appear here. posting on the "other board" is becoming way too much work.

I've been saying that for months!! :wink:

Seriously..........if that board changed to a format a bit more similar to this one........a lot of that nonsense would cease!