Model Cars Magazine Forum

Car junk ?

Try Googling "Doll House Miniatures". One of the good sites is Jim's Dollhouse Pages http://www.printmini.com/printables

Doll houses are 1/12 scale, but there are also what they call "Half Scale" dollhouses and that's 1/24. Jim's site gives you the option of printing for either.

IMG_2159-vi.jpg

You can also make your own stuff. It's really easy with the tools we have today. Digital cameras, photo manipulation software and color printers... I made everything in this picture. The box is made from 60 lb card stock I ran through my printer. The mail is just bits of paper in different colors folded to look like envelopes. The cigarette pack was printed on my printer, just the front of a Marlboro box and reduced down until it was the right size. I mounted it on a bit of Evergreen plastic to give it depth and I continued the red onto the side with a Sharpie.

55Chevy021m.jpg

I made all the junk in this interior. Most everything was printed on my home printer from pictures of logos and packages lifted from the internet.

A little creativity and a decent photo editing program and printer can go a long way.

David G.

Edited by David G.

Casey- any idea who makes that p/e fret?

Tom- very cool. How did you make the Kool Kushion?

Charlie Larkin

The PE is Detail Master Interior Junk set. I believe there were at least 2 sets. I used the hanger and silverware in my camper.

The Kool Kushion is material that Hollywood Jim mailed me. I believe he got it at a fabric store. Once I glued it onto the seat it was missing something so I bordered it with model ship rope. It looks much better than I could have imagined!

Both of the Detail Master interior junk sets are pretty amazing and include some really unexpected stuff, for example, a flyswatter, clipboard, and Rubik's cube! Here's one I used:

DSCN2133.jpg

Yes, a lot of stuff could be scratch built; however, there are items that really can't be, at least not convincingly.