Model Cars Magazine Forum

Old GMC transmission question

I am currently putting together what I hope will be a reasonable representation of a GMC 702 to put in a hopefully equally reasonable representation of the truck pictured below. These trucks, or at least the ones I knew had a 5/4 transmission set up giving 20 forward speeds. I believe the 4 speed was used to split the ratios of the 5 speed. What do you guys suggest I use for this? Or is that going to have to be scratch built too? I don't remember seeing those in the various after market suppliers sites.

B-7000%2019640002.jpg

Thanks Terry, I found an old thread that says the W-900 and T-600 kits have them. Would this be the one?

W-900.jpg

I also found the 5/4 = engine combo on eBay but the guy wants $35 for shipping only. I think I can get the model above plus shipping for less.

• 2 weeks later...

They also had RT10 speeds and 3speed browned depended on how they got ordered new that's a B 7000 also had Detroit 6 71s and some 401 v6 cracker box also had 702 v 12 mostly in air force rocket carriers (one @ hill afb museum)