Model Cars Magazine Forum

'74 El Camino - Finished ! 8-26-14

Thank you very much Niko !

I can see needing three guys if they were installing the bumpers on a freshly painted car , they were pretty heavy !

Looking forward to your '73 Chevelle ( I'm still on the waiting list ) , PLEASE build it next ! :rolleyes:

Yep I'm going to start it immediately when I get my Frontrunners ready and my friend casts them in resin. :) It shouldn't take too long time before the tires are done and I can start building the Stock Eliminator Chevelle... B)

The paint and decals look fantastic! I like the color a lot and those black stripes fit perfectly with silver. Nice and smooth looking paint job, too. I can't wait to see more.

Yep I'm going to start it immediately when I get my Frontrunners ready and my friend casts them in resin. :) It shouldn't take too long time before the tires are done and I can start building the Stock Eliminator Chevelle... B)

The paint and decals look fantastic! I like the color a lot and those black stripes fit perfectly with silver. Nice and smooth looking paint job, too. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks Niko ! The silver turned out better than I thought it would . I can't wait to get some clear on it tomorrow ! :D

the 4 square headlight came in 76... 73-75 were a single round 7" beam...

You're correct Dan - the 76 & 77 El Camino Classics & Super Sports had the stacked quad headlamps. If you look back at Bob's original post, his build is replicating a 1:1 74 that he owned, on which he installed a newer front clip.

FWIW, the "base" 76 & 77 El Caminos still used the dual round headlights similar to all the 73 - 75s.

the 4 square headlight came in 76... 73-75 were a single round 7" beam...

You're correct Dan - the 76 & 77 El Camino Classics & Super Sports had the stacked quad headlamps. If you look back at Bob's original post, his build is replicating a 1:1 74 that he owned, on which he installed a newer front clip.

FWIW, the "base" 76 & 77 El Caminos still used the dual round headlights similar to all the 73 - 75s.

Thanks Robert for pointing this out , I'm a bit surprised the dual headlights haven't been mentioned more .

To avoid any comments when I post the finished build , I'll be calling it a '76 El Camino ! :)

I had some spare time this afternoon so I worked on the foil .

I still have some trim work to do , and spray some Alcad on the bumpers , then it's on to the final assembly work ! :D

Edited by TooOld