Model Cars Magazine Forum

1932 Vicky

mrm

The body is Jimmy Flintsone resin.

The frame started as the Phantom Vicky, but was then heavily modified to convert it to a dropped axle front and the rear suspension is scratchbuilt.

Everything else came from the parts box.

The color is Ferrari Rosso Scuderia.

1YecDZ.jpg

aT9OT7.jpg
3Jm1ei.jpg
a7wdjb.jpg
sU1tkM.jpg
Bsn8Rt.jpg
Ucvbhc.jpg
Tdgf35.jpg
pyuALZ.jpg
Thanks for looking

Thanks for the great comments guys.

I went to the heartland nationals in 2011 (I think) and there was a guy infront of me when I got to the door that had a cool t-shirt with a highboy Vicky with big meats and headers on the back of it. It was orange and the drawing on the t-shirt showed it from a 3/4 angle from behind. This is what was the inspiration. Then at the show, I bought the resin body, because I knew I had to make a model like that. Then the body got put away at home and got all but forgotten.

Then shortly after I joint this forum, there was a build challenge of some sort. A weekend community build. So what you see here was build in pretty much 4 or five days. I could not finish it for the community build because I had a huge flood in my house, but everything was painted and polished and pretty much done. It just needed to be detailed a little and everything to be put together.

I am glad you enjoy it and would love to find out the person with the t-shirt to see how well my memory served me.