Model Cars Magazine Forum

I recently picked up a monogram 1991 f250 wanting to build a truck similar to my 95 f150. I so far just want to thank kitbasher since I got most of the inspiration and tips from his build. I'll let the pictures do the talking to catch you guys up on where I'm at.

REV7212_zps7c4ffd42.jpg

Picture0215131606_1_zpsc7789507.jpg

Picture0215132010_1-1_zpsb49891d2.jpg

I have the interior done converted to a Manuel also. I will get pics up of that tomorrow. And the wheels in the previous pictures are from a 75 GMC kit I have. I WAS going to use them but decided to go with the stock wheels painted black like the ones I want for my truck. How it sits now. IMG_20130228_204259_zps24b0d594.jpg.IMG_20130228_204245_zps655e1b4f.jpg

I messed up while gluing the door handle on, it smeared silver paint around it and now I have to try to do touch up with spray paint! How should I do this?

Spray it out in a little puddle and brush it on? I have no idea but that's what i'd try. Of course let others chime in here.

If the silver paint didn't go too deep into the green, you might be able to rub it out with some polishing compound. Just be careful not to rub all the way thru the green. If you decide to do rust or primer, definitely start with the top of the rear wheel arches. Mine and every one I've seen have rust there. Poor design on Ford's part. Carry on! I want to see it done!

How did you do lifting in front? Leaf springs are easy to lift but i just cant figure out a good way to lift my f250 front suspension.

I am still working on that, I will post it when I figure it out but it will probably not look very real when its done.

IMG_20130302_085639_zps11a4b7ce.jpg

Two VERY nice builds that are close to my heart as we drive a '92 Custom F150 4x4 as our daily pickup. I just bought a promo that I am thinking of converting to a 4x4 and painting it the same sickening, disgusting maroon that ours is. It's been a fantastic, trouble free truck for the three years that we have owned it and aside from a water pump, an O2 sensor ( that it did not need ) oil and lube, it has not cost us a dime. I really dislike the truck but that is mostly because of the color which I wish was the Electric red instead of the dung color that it is. It drives super nice with a 300 six and a five speed but I still do not have any attachment to it - which is not like me at all. I usually bond with my vehicle as I love older cars and trucks but some times this just doesn't seem to happen. Our '89 crown Vic on the other hand has really growwn on me and it too has been virtually problem free over almost a four year period.

Ii REALLY like the color combinations on both trucks shown and admire the skill and workmanship. Nice job guys.. :):) AAAA++++ :D:D

Dan,

Nice work on the dually!

Trevor,

The F-250 came out really nice! I have been working on the two F-250/350 brush trucks ('88 and '92) that my fire dept. ran in the early '90's. The 4x4 ride height has also been my biggest challenge! I did the same cab surgery to convert the club cab to a regular cab. Kits are currently in storage, or I would post the projects. Any suggestions for performing the 4x4 conversion? Thanks.

David

Dan,

Nice work on the dually!

Trevor,

The F-250 came out really nice! I have been working on the two F-250/350 brush trucks ('88 and '92) that my fire dept. ran in the early '90's. The 4x4 ride height has also been my biggest challenge! I did the same cab surgery to convert the club cab to a regular cab. Kits are currently in storage, or I would post the projects. Any suggestions for performing the 4x4 conversion? Thanks.

David

Yep... easy the parts from one of the 75-79 Ford pickups works very well... also B N L Resins has some great items...