Model Cars Magazine Forum

All new Citroen DS19 kit

fumi

Wonder if a Panhard might be on the cards? A Dyna Z or PL17 would be nice, as Air-Trax have recently released a resin 24CT. However, a Facel Vega (of any variety) would be truly fantastic!!

Also wondering, if, like the R4, the DS will be a combined effort with Heller? That could mean that there will hopefully be more than one version.

I would have to believe this is another tool they're doing in concert with Heller. Also as has been pointed out in other threads here, it's not economically viable to do a single release new tool kit anymore, so there are multiple versions coming. I mean who would have thought you could get three versions of a Renault 4L to market AND sell out of 2 out of 3 runs of them? I expect the Heller kit will sell just as well being aimed squarely at the EU market.

A lot of people might not know/remember because of how "obscure" Heller kits are, but there was a Convertible version of their 1/16 DS19.

OK, I don't read Japanese. Does enyone know if that link mentions a release date?

It's in the first test shot, probably Summer at the earliest. I'd expect more information later in January during the Nuremberg Toy Fair, that's where the public unveiling of the 4L took place.

Edited by niteowl7710

Yep. Let's see what else they unveil in Nürnberg. They are always good for a surprise, as we saw.

Those Renners must have sold a treat, if they decide to tool up something new that soon afterwards.

Proves my point on many levels.

Why nobody ever listens to me despite I'm always right, is a phenomenon that will never cease to amaze me...

Proves my point on many levels.

Why nobody ever listens to me despite I'm always right, is a phenomenon that will never cease to amaze me...

This is very much like my friends and my dad's friends have said about us, "remember you can ignore (Roy or Charlie), but you do so at your own peril."

Charlie Larkin