Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell AG 2015 Releases!

Paul H

I thought that was the Pagani Zonda R?

James is correct, the Zonda R was not even close to holding the number one spot , the 918 did it in 6m57sec, beating the 2015 Nissan R35 GTR Nismo's time of 7m8sec , the Zonda R's lap time is 7m24secs , its 13th on the list.

You are correct it is number one, but its on the list of non street legal cars list, sitting at 6m47secs

Edited by martinfan5

Entirely different scale so not exactly duplicating anything, but another Type 1 micro bus. I wonder if we will ever see a Type 2 bay window micro bus in styrene. I know the early split windows are more collectable, but it's not like the Type 2s are unpopular in the 1-1 VW world.

O/T here, but a 1/72 C-54? Oh boy... :wub:

That is the big news so far in new kits for me this year as well.

Super excited about the new 918s. I think this will be a bellwether for Tamiya as well - if they skip this one I would think that would indicate they not very interested in the plastic car market anymore.

I am getting a 918, and probably the reboxed US version, if/when it comes out. Glad to see Revell is still holding up on the modern car front as well.

I think this will be a bellwether for Tamiya as well - if they skip this one I would think that would indicate they not very interested in the plastic car market anymore.

...errr, did you miss the LaFerrari? I don't think there's ANY evidence that Tamiya is losing interest in the plastic car market...

bestest,

M.

A lot of you excited by the 918. I wish Revell would give us a 917 instead. Make it a '70 917K. Gulf-Porsche livery.

Scott

The Fujimi, Heller and Union kits are all pretty easy to find, certainly this side of the pond, and they all have Gulf livery boxings... if you want one, they are out there.

bestest,

M.

...errr, did you miss the LaFerrari? I don't think there's ANY evidence that Tamiya is losing interest in the plastic car market...

bestest,

M.

I would have thought tamiya would have done the 918 by now. LaFerrari was great, but they have really been doing. More reissues or modified re issues recently apart from Laferrari and the 1/6 harley. Cheers.

Ben

I would have thought tamiya would have done the 918 by now. LaFerrari was great, but they have really been doing. More reissues or modified re issues recently apart from Laferrari and the 1/6 harley. Cheers.

Ben

Well for all the press the 918 has got, it's just officially "gone on sale" (all 918 are spoken for) in 2015. So they're not late per se. Tamiya seems to alternate a majot automotive release every other year if you look back to the Carrera GT, Enzo, DBS, LFA, FXX, and then LaFerrari. Then the "off" year they do a bunch of new military kits, usually one significant release per genre.

bestest,

M.

Mat Bacon,

No doubt there is a Ferrari obsession at Tamiya (as well there should be, as I imagine the Ferrari license was not cheap to obtain). Tamiya Ferrari kits are some of the best out there (although I don't have a La Ferrari kit). The fit and ease of build of Tamiy kits are the standard of the industry, although I feel Revell has made significant strides over the last few years.

I was referring more to variety, as Tamiya seems to have significantly decreased their variety of new kits, not to mention the frustrating tendency of the three Japanese companies to keep putting out their own version of the same car.

That being said, I have an overflowing pile of kits to keep me busy. However, I am always eager to add to the pile!

-tm

Entirely different scale so not exactly duplicating anything, but another Type 1 micro bus. I wonder if we will ever see a Type 2 bay window micro bus in styrene. I know the early split windows are more collectable, but it's not like the Type 2s are unpopular in the 1-1 VW world.That is the big news so far in new kits for me this year as well.

I'm with you on the "bay-window" buses. I'd buy one.

Scott

Yeah, just reissue inferior rubbish to put unsuspecting first time buyers off your brand forever.

A superb business strategy, I bet that's what they teach at universities nowadays.

On a different note, am I the only one who is a tad underwhelmed by the AG's releases since they launched the Routemaster?