Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell AG 2015 Releases!

Paul H

I would buy several if they came out with that. Welly do have a 1:24 diecast that is not to expensive but a styrene plastic kit would be the best.

I've got a Welly too. It's pretty nice and inexpensive but I would still like a plastic kit to play with. I don't mind diecast as a starting point but they are kind of unsatisfying to me just take out of the box to put on the shelf.

Edited by Aaronw

Why would they retool it with the Fujimi EM kit still out and available?

...and thats, wy i dont understand, what they are doing with that old peace of *....*

That 911 is a "must have" for fans, i think, it would be Profit, if they retool the Fujimi or in the same line like the made the Golf now...but thats only a wish...

Yeah, just reissue inferior rubbish to put unsuspecting first time buyers off your brand forever.

A superb business strategy, I bet that's what they teach at universities nowadays.

x2, you nailed it. The boxart is the only Thing, that Looks good...

...and thats, wy i dont understand, what they are doing with that old peace of *....*

That 911 is a "must have" for fans, i think, it would be Profit, if they retool the Fujimi or in the same line like the made the Golf now...

But what I'm saying is the Fujimi EM kit is still I production. Not sure it's available in the traditional EM boxing without looking, but it's in one of their animé series currently. Friend of mine ordered it cause he like the box art and was shocked to find the contents were in fact the EM kit.

There is a new "The Circuit Wolf" series of kits Fujimi is doing that will bring the '76 Porsche 930 Turbo EM kit back out after a long dry spell.

On a different note, am I the only one who is a tad underwhelmed by the AG's releases since they launched the Routemaster?

The New tool Beetles, mk1 Minis and Mk1 Golf kits were nice additions but I have to say this years line up is a bit dissapointing for me, and thats only going by my own taste in what id like to see kitted.I can see that others will love all the modern tooling thats coming out....just not my cup of tea.

Revell AG have been running that wishlist/dreamkit thing on their website now for a couple of years and there are some cars/vans that have received loads of votes it would be nice to think we may see some of these kits someday. Who knows perhaps something may be announced at Nuremberg next week?.

Edited by Mr Stock

Mat Bacon,

No doubt there is a Ferrari obsession at Tamiya (as well there should be, as I imagine the Ferrari license was not cheap to obtain). Tamiya Ferrari kits are some of the best out there (although I don't have a La Ferrari kit). The fit and ease of build of Tamiy kits are the standard of the industry, although I feel Revell has made significant strides over the last few years.

-tm

Mattel owns the rights from Ferrari, any company that wants to issue a Ferrari product has to deal with Mattel instead of directly with Ferrari. Probably makes it easier on all parties, and Ferrari doesn't have to deal with the people directly and it makes the language and piddly toys out of their hair, Lord knows what with dealing with F-1, and Bernie that takes most of their lawyers time.

Mattel owns the rights from Ferrari, any company that wants to issue a Ferrari product has to deal with Mattel instead of directly with Ferrari. Probably makes it easier on all parties, and Ferrari doesn't have to deal with the people directly and it makes the language and piddly toys out of their hair, Lord knows what with dealing with F-1, and Bernie that takes most of their lawyers time.

Mattel no longer has the exclusive rights. They lapsed last year. Was mentioned at IHOBBY

The i8 is really something, that could have easily been a curbside kit with the engine buried under that "package shelf" and the entire aero chassis pan. But not only full detail, but opening doors (not a usual RevellAG touch) to boot.

I was not all that excited for it, but after seeing it, I am now a lot more excited for it, like you said, it could been tooled up on the more simplified side

• 3 months later...

Trying to find more info on that VW bus, so far can only find it on a couple websites, currency conversion says it will be about $70-80.

Hoping Tower adds it to their website so we can get an idea what it will cost this side of the pond.

Found it, September release. Just in time for Winter building season to start.

http://www.ipmsdeutschland.de/Ausstellungen/Nuernberg2015/Bilder_AE/Revell_31.htm

Link is dead

Hobby Search has it listed for a "after July" release with a price around $30 US

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10326347

Tower Hobbies has it listed for $31.95 and an Aug release date

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXFDLF&P=7

The Porsche 918 is set for Sept and a price of $31.95

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LNFDLH&P=G

Edited by martinfan5