Model Cars Magazine Forum

RATOUTOFHELL--Cranky's 2008 Holloween Build--R U Ready?

Dr. Cranky

Any brand of flow medium will work, though I use Jo Sonya's acrylic flow medium, but you can also find Golden or Windsor & Newton. Flow medium keeps the paint from drying on your airbrush tip. It makes the paint FLOW much easier . . . a couple of drops will do it, so one bottle of flow medium will last you a long time.

All right, chaps, here's some more progress and mock ups . . . I think this one is going to fly once I get it up on the base . . . where it will be permanently displayed.

I still want to set up some sort of fire-producing mechanist on the front (I mean something static, not that would really work, just to clarify) so that it gets the viewer salivatin' about the possibility of this dragon rat really spitting out fire!!!

Enjoy . . .

IMG_0009-vi.jpg

IMG_0010-vi.jpg

You can really see the way the paint turned out and the different textures . . . I hope it looks good to you on your own screens . . .

IMG_0011-vi.jpg

I still have to weather the engine a bit and add a few more details . . . and of course set it up on the base . . . I think I've got plenty of time to finish it before the Oct. 31st Holloween deadline! B)

Here are a couple of more mock up pics . . .

IMG_0013-vi.jpg

Once I get this bad boy up on the base and fix the angle of the swoop, I will take more pictures of the whole thing . . . so that the whole thing fits in the frame, wings and tail and everything else!

IMG_0014-vi.jpg

Thanks, folks, I really appreciate the comments . . . the progress on RATOUTOFHELL has stalled a little bit since I am in the process of building something that will strongly suggest this sucker can breathe fire . . .I'm still working out the details of how this thing is going to work . . . .

Do stay tuned in though . . . cause you know Oct. 31st is just around the corner! BOO!!!