Model Cars Magazine Forum

2007 gt500 dragster UPDATED OCT 20

conor1148

so if you guys remember my last chop (mustang gt dragster, MAJOR disaster) i try to remember not to but im trying to learn from my mistakes since it was my first chop. anyways ive started a new project because of my crazy love for all mustamgs.

So basically what im doing is taking a gt500 (revells new streetburner kit) and using one of the revell streetburner prostreets, i think, its the 56 bel air as the chassis and the engine from the 78 Z28 camaro because i love the "no BS" look to it and it fits very well, even though in the picture its crooked because the transmission isnt supported.

now on to the pictures!! please tell me all your comments on the stance, it looks pretty good to me but i want more opinions.

first up, the stance/ engine height picture. not sure if im cutting the stock hood or not using one at all (im sorry if it seems like im copying the guy who did the amazingly good job on the twin turbo mustang gt dragster, im really not trying to at all)

PA173228.jpg

heres a look inside, pretty much still tinkering with the frame, not totally happy yet.

PA173229.jpg

if you want more pictures or have any suggestions at all (i take constructive criticism well, just dont be rude) tell me! i need all the help i can get learning how to do a good chop.

Edited by conor1148

The nitrous system would look really good. id try it, but if it doesnt turn out you want to you got one hell of a project comin up, and it wont suffer without it. great work on the cage

thanks!

im still looking for a way to make the nitrous kit for the engine, would wiring the nitrous kit, battery, and fuel cell up to the front of the car look overly detailed? all of that is in the back or maybe ill move it to the passenger seat.

its the stock gt500 spoiler, its probably going to go pretty soon, what style would you rather see instead? more of a street spoiler or something else?

on the real gt500 the spoiler gives it a much more aggressive look (to me in person atleast) but im open to other things.

working on the battery and the nitrous bottles!

the nitrous bottles were attached to the battery and fuel cell on each side, and the battery wasnt rectangular. Styrene to the rescue!

PA183256.jpg

PA193259.jpg

PA193260.jpg

painted it, sorry about details guys, crappy camera

PA203264.jpg

Edited by conor1148