Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pulpwood hauler..old school..

i'm thinking most of u have never seen one of these trucks going down the road...back in the day i grew up in the woods driving one similar to this..these trucks were mostly home made useing what they could find down to the winch made out out of a car or truck rear end and military tires..(got them from the local army base)..the bulk is 100% scratch built , added boom, cut down rear end ,brake with handle (behind cab..this is what worked the winch)..i bent the bumper and light, cracked the

windshield, scratched built mirrors,painted name on door,(thats how they did it back in the day), weathered with pastels..

Edited by Swamp Dog

Looks ready to go to work. Great job.

You've got a great location there for pictures for an old work beast like this, too...that was one thing that really stood out. May I suggest making a very simple slab of scale ground that matches the environment? Dirt driveway with a little grass along the edge that's about the same tone as yours along with a little strategic placement for forced perspective would take these shots from really good to fantastic.

Looks ready to go to work. Great job.

You've got a great location there for pictures for an old work beast like this, too...that was one thing that really stood out. May I suggest making a very simple slab of scale ground that matches the environment? Dirt driveway with a little grass along the edge that's about the same tone as yours along with a little strategic placement for forced perspective would take these shots from really good to fantastic.

gluehead i'm a step ahead of u..thought about it after i took the pictures..its in the works...u just gonna make me make it faster..lol..i was up in Detroit working back in sept-oct..what part u from..??

I'm right in the middle, near Mt. Pleasant. A mile in any direction and it looks a lot like your pics. :D

That's great that you're already on it. I need to make another one, myself, but I've kept putting it off because there's no good backdrop shots to be had from my current yard to take advantage of it. I have a bunch of shots with the old one somewhere, but it was a couple computers ago now. Just this one left handy that happened to be on my fotki. I remember our grass being ridiculously green when I took this and it clashed a lot, so I just made it look old. :D

OpelOldie2-vi.jpg

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what ya come up with.

I'm right in the middle, near Mt. Pleasant. A mile in any direction and it looks a lot like your pics. :D

That's great that you're already on it. I need to make another one, myself, but I've kept putting it off because there's no good backdrop shots to be had from my current yard to take advantage of it. I have a bunch of shots with the old one somewhere, but it was a couple computers ago now. Just this one left handy that happened to be on my fotki. I remember our grass being ridiculously green when I took this and it clashed a lot, so I just made it look old. :D

OpelOldie2-vi.jpg

Anyway, I look forward to seeing what ya come up with.

now thats looks so real..great job..u need to post that picture...thats why i will never post a picture of a finished model unless i can take pictures outside..and i got to weather it also..lol..

That is fantastic work!!! I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't real.

What are the spoke wheels and tires from?

the wheels come with the kit..a good man down in miss. supplied the tires..but they came from any # of kits that ertl-amt put out ..such as the pay-star 5000 ..