Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1950 Chevrolet 3100 Texaco Service Pickup

I have been building model cars for almost fifty years and this is the first truck I have ever done. I figured it would be something different for a change....kind of refreshing so to speak. Anyway, I picked this truck up on sale at Hobby Lobby the last time I was in the U.S. I was impressed at how well it fit together. I had seen other completed models of this truck and the builders all complained about it sitting up too high front and back. I didn't have to modify the back but I did make some adjustments to the front suspension to bring the front end down a bit to a more realistic height and center the front wheels within the wheelwells which was also an issue with this kit. Here are the finished pics. Please check them out see what you think and thanks for taking the time to view them. :)

AMT1950Chevrolet3100Pickup3.jpg

AMT1950Chevrolet3100Pickup2.jpg

AMT1950Chevrolet3100Pickup11.jpg

Edited by RandyB.

Very detailed build! This one is my current project, I am also building OOB for the most part. What is your technique for the hubs, it's been driving me crazy trying to paint the word Chevolet in red.

-Steven

Thanks guys for all of the great comments on the truck!

Steven...I just used a fine paint brush, magnifying glass and I made sure I didn't drink too much coffee prior to painting to reduce the shakes! :)

Thanks guys for all of the great comments on the truck!

Steven...I just used a fine paint brush, magnifying glass and I made sure I didn't drink too much coffee prior to painting to reduce the shakes! :)

Thank You for the reply, I am on my 3rd attempt, but refuse to give up :-) I think I may need a stronger magnifier.

-Steven

Thank You for the reply, I am on my 3rd attempt, but refuse to give up :-) I think I may need a stronger magnifier.

-Steven

I think that is the attitude of a better modeler. Sooner or later you will get it Steven. Good luck with it.

Thanks Ron and Danno!