Model Cars Magazine Forum

model clubs in rhode island?

Hey Tony,

Check out www.masscar.com. They have a contact page where you can get in touch. It's a first class model car club with a long history and a really good annual contest and monthly meetings. They have members from RI, MA, CT, ME and NH. Their monthly meeting is not too far from RI. 4-5 annual contests take place within their footprint. Lots of friendly people. Have relocated to FL and miss that camraderie, organization and activity. Give them a try.

JR

Hi, Anthony (or do you prefer Tony?)

Neil and I are both members of MassCar, Neil being the founding member and first president.

We usually meet at 45 West St., Medfield, Ma.

Depending on where in Rhode Island you are, and the traffic, it's anywhere from 45 minutes- an hour and a half. I'm assuming you're up around the Metro area (Prov., Pawtucket, EP, NP, Cranston, Johnston), about 45 is a reasonable guess, as long as the traffic doesn't act up.

I'll PM you with directions, my direct e-Mail and phone number for more details.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Charlie Larkin

where are the hobby shops?

well, not quite everywhere.. But where I am from the nearest hobby shop was Amazon.com :P

theres I think 5 in my area, but not all of them sell model cars. theres one in apponaug, jefferson boulevard, pawtucket, Im not sure whee the others were, I noticed them when I was on my way to work.

Hi, Anthony (or do you prefer Tony?)

Neil and I are both members of MassCar, Neil being the founding member and first president.

We usually meet at 45 West St., Medfield, Ma.

Depending on where in Rhode Island you are, and the traffic, it's anywhere from 45 minutes- an hour and a half. I'm assuming you're up around the Metro area (Prov., Pawtucket, EP, NP, Cranston, Johnston), about 45 is a reasonable guess, as long as the traffic doesn't act up.

I'll PM you with directions, my direct e-Mail and phone number for more details.

Looking forward to seeing you soon.

Charlie Larkin

I appreciate it very much, thank you.