Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kurt Wilson`s: 23 T` Bucket new project 10/9/12

John Teresi

Hey John, is it 1:1 Scale?! :blink:

That's Mind Blowing! Your attention to small details is perfect, and your Alclad work is excellent. Also those different shades of metals, are very good looking, just like they are in 1:1 car. Those small things make the model look much better, and your engine really looks fantastic.

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments.......I got the chassis painted Alclad........and assembled the front and rear suspension,also painted Alclad............wheels modified and painted Alclad..........I also painted the headlights Alclad......... I tried to replicate Kurt`s brass plated headlight bezels and radiator........so I first painted them Alclad chrome then I painted over them with Alclad candy golden yellow........I got close to the brass finish?.........thanks for looking.

DSCF5035.jpg

DSCF5043.jpg

DSCF5041.jpg

DSCF5044.jpg

DSCF5034.jpg

How is the durability of the Alclad for handling? I ask because I'm about to send some steel parts for chrome plating.

The gas tank,especially, and the parts 'Alcladed' you did look good.

David.........if you mist on enough coats of Alclad.........it is pretty durable.........but,you need to handle the Alclad parts with tissue........the oil in you fingers will attach to the Alclad parts.........thanks

very impressive as usual John!! absolutly beautiful work my friend, is that the brass alclad you are using? looks fantastic!!

Bill.........I used Alclad candy lemon yellow.........over chrome Alclad to get a somewhat bras looking finish.......thanks.

You do fantastic work with Alclad. Your chromed parts are always very smooth and clean, shine is great and I like the different shades of metals too.

What paint you use under Alclad...? I've heard that there must be black, but does the manufacturer affect to end result? When I buy Alclad in some point, I'd like to use Revell or Humbroll gloss black, since it's much easier to get here in Finland.

And do you spray clear coat over Alclad parts, or polish them? Could not believe that they are that nice straight from the Airbrush.

Oh and did I say - FANTASTIC Work, John! B)

Edited by W-409

You do fantastic work with Alclad. Your chromed parts are always very smooth and clean, shine is great and I like the different shades of metals too.

What paint you use under Alclad...? I've heard that there must be black, but does the manufacturer affect to end result? When I buy Alclad in some point, I'd like to use Revell or Humbroll gloss black, since it's much easier to get here in Finland.

And do you spray clear coat over Alclad parts, or polish them? Could not believe that they are that nice straight from the Airbrush.

Oh and did I say - FANTASTIC Work, John! B)

Niko.......I use "Osh" brand flat black.......it`s a cheap brand but,dries fast and goes on smooth........then I clear coat with urethane clear .......then airbrush the alclad.......no clear coat over the alclad.......thanks.

Hello.......thank you all very much for the kind comments........I attached the master cylinder and ran all the brake lines........assembled the brake drums.......I made some friction shocks ,painted alclad and attached.......also attached the engine with scratch made front engine motor mounts......and put on the front tires........thanks for looking.

DSCF5085.jpg

DSCF5091.jpg

DSCF5059.jpg

DSCF5078.jpg

DSCF5062.jpg

DSCF5092.jpg