Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1962 Chevrolet Bel Air

peekay

I've posted this in someone else's thread but I'm big-headed enough to want to show it on its own.
Finished last year, box stock except for some wire and Satco tyres. Paint is Zero base with Tamiya clear and scripts were all done with the "Foil Before Paint" method. Please excuse the dust in the engine bay.

0bba02cc95e86939af_zps0ekhatnf-vi.jpg

578a888f67db845885_zpssbbdfe9e-vi.jpg

0abbc7e7e24002fef5_zpswvnib84d-vi.jpg

64a201e24c9a680850_zps6r4is6vq-vi.jpg

ada8b9d007b5fc41a2_zpsmytme06g-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by peekay
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much for your comments, approval on this forum means a lot to me.

Lee, there is no PE here, scripts and badges are all done with BMF before paint.

Harry, the plates are from a set of photographed items bought several years ago and, to be honest, I didn't know till now what RZRBK stood for! Other examples I've used from the set are RUGRUV and EZ2PLEZ.

Mike, yes Corona Cream was what I was aiming for and I think I'm not way off. The interior should represent "Fawn Beige" (which was your only choice for a Corona Cream BelAir in 62) but I may have been less successful there. I'll try and put an interior shotup today.

Peter:

Can you post some interior photos?

I painted mine using Model Master "Light Ivory", which is perhaps a tad lighter shade, but close enough for what I wanted.

I was thinking about shaving off the scripts and stuffing a 6-cylinder in mine, but the lure of the 409 is too much......