Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16th Mark Johnson Engine & Kudos for Protech & Ted's Modeling Marketplace

As usual, I can't get pics to upload but I just got my Mark Johnson 1/16th hemi in the mail yesterday for my Daytona-esque Dukes Charger build.

Let me tell you guys, the quality is outstanding!

I basically have to do zero prep work to build it, super clean, excellent detail, even has dowel pins to assist in secure placement of heads, oil pan, valve covers, etc.

A bunch of seperate parts, super looking stuff.

I e-mailed him about the engine and he sent me a bunch of pics of types of engines with a ton of options to choose for my personal taste/requirements.

Fantastic guy, he has what I would call a short backlog (like 2 weeks) and he let me know that up front.

He e-mailed me when he was finished with the parts and let me know I could send him the payment.

He shipped it on 28 Sept, a Friday, I got it the following Monday, Oct 1st, exactly as I wanted it.

If anybody is thinking of getting one of his engines over another manufacturer I'd say he'd be a wise choice, well worth the money.

I think you get much, much more than in detail, ease of build, nearly zero clean-up, simply high quality workmanship and excellent customer service.

I'd also like to offer the suggestion for anyone looking for some really good 1/16th stuff and some more awesome customer service; you can't go wrong with Protech and Ted's Modeling Marketplace.

Fantastic bunch, both of them.

Extremely personable, fast replies to e-mails, some really nice product.

Both have fast shipping, their products are as described, and the costs are reasonable.

I had an issue with another manufacturer's 1/16th motor I got from Ted.

It wasn't his fault but he really bent over backwards to help me out with returning the engine and getting a replacement asap.

Ted's site has the e-mail for Mark Johnson and some good pics of what is available.

Thank you to all three of these guys for your help & great products.

I am definately going to be a repeat customer for them and I suggest everybody give them a look.

Now if I can ever get my pics to upload....

I will be one of the first to tell you that Mark Johnson's Resin engine's has to be the best resin engines around. I am using his 426 Hemi "Elephant" motor in my 1/16 scale Army Vega Funny Car build over in the drag section. I also have a 392 Injected engine from his as well and can't wait till he has his Big Block Chevy done too. He does build beautiful parts and takes it that extra step to add in the little details that weren't there. He is also a great guy to do business with. You can't go wrong with his products. I know I am thankful to have guys like Mark doing what he does for our hobby. I love 1/16th scale.

by the way Micheal... look forward too seeing pics of this build.

Edited by Mooneyzs

I imagine I'll get the pics to work at some point.

I can get 'em to work on Facebook :) my grey General Lee is on it....

Try getting a PhotoBucket account it easy to load pics and the account is free (unless you load a ton of pics) and is there a website to Mark Johnson's products?

Romell,

He doesn't have awebsite but here is his e-mail:

mjaafd1@msn.com

Tedsmodelingmarketplace.com has some pics.

Mark offer a ton of options.

He sent me numerous pics of different options and I basically "built" the engine as I wanted it.

The detail is awesome, a high parts count, almost zero cleanup.

You definately wouldn't be disappointed even given your talent (I'm quite jealous).

He has a 1/16th Big Block Chevy in the works too....

Yes, thanks Michael. Specializing in 1/16 scale make it easier for the customer to find what they want and easier for me to support them.

Mark is known for replicating most any 1/16 scale early race car HEMI or SOHC engine you want. Are you building a Beebe Mulligan, Keeling & Clayton, Don Garlits, Tony Nancy, Pete Robinson or other car? He can provide a detailed engine to suit your needs. The valve covers, type of blower, magneto used and more will be provided.

To make this easier to order, I'm in the process of rewriting the descriptions on my site for Mark's engines so that you'll be able to select from a list. As Michael said, I have photos and detailed descriptions.

You can also contact Mark directly for custom configurations.

He has a fantastic BBC in the works with the Rick Arias heads option. You'll be able to start with the basic engine and then build the induction system you want. Stay tuned.

Michael,

Thanks for the kind words. Don't always have time to reply to everyone's build here on MCM/forms. I do my best to create these parts as I am the first person to satisfy, these parts go into my builds too. I hope to see your progress pix and eventually the finished project.

As Ted Bowe has commented, the engines can be tailored towards specific builds. The 392 Hemi has the most variables to choose from with more parts being added or updated for all the engines I offer. Just added a new valve cover for the 426 Hemi engine recently and in progress to finish up the Arias parts for the upcoming BBC. Just remember that at this point all my engines are race application and in supercharged configurations. Only the 392 is offered with Hilborn fuel injection.

Good luck on your build.

post-8509-0-57491900-1349628152_thumb.jp

post-8509-0-27351400-1349628229_thumb.jp