Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 AMT '53 Ford Pickup 3'n1

I believe the F-100 is the old AMT kit as it has an AMT number, if it was the flip nose kit it would most likely have been listed with a MPC number as Round 2 release old kits under their correct lables nowadays...not like under the AMT/Ertl and Racing Champions/RC2 time when everything was released under the AMT/Ertl lable regardless of what maker originally did the kits.

I remember seeing all these manufacturer's names as a kid. And some of the combinations (AMT/ERTL) later. I'd be interested in seeing the "family tree" of the model cpmpanies, if it exists.

• 3 weeks later...

Tailgate and a hood with correct emblems should do it. The rest is pure Ford.

Scott

Modelhaus currently has a '57 Mercury truck in the catalogue and the tailgate is available separately so you may be able to adapt it. As for hood letters, it would be great to see a photo etch set of both the '53-'56 and the '65-'68 letters... otherwise, we'll just have to cut them out of chrome tape ^_^

Looks like this reissue has the custom chevy fenders restored; one of the reissues I have with the blue truck on the box didn't have them.

mike

Hobby Town nor Hobby Lobby here seem interested in bringing any in. i'm all for supporting local hobby shops but BOTH of the Hobby Towns here give our segment of the hobby pretty short shrift. Hobby Lobby being a larger comglomerate with different buyer strategy, i don't expect them to leap on too many reissues when they're deeply discounting some stuff that's been back on the shelves only a short time.

point being, i've already got a scheme laid out, a custom frame ready to shorten, and paint waiting to put on. grrrr.

I've put in an order at Hobby Town the salesman said

it was due in October which to him it meant sometime in November.

These vintage wheel covers are the same that will be in the reissue.

(fingers crossed for good clean chrome)

The vendor had only 3 and knowing a good lowering and skirts

would do the trick, I took them home. Here they are installed

on a Lindberg '40.

DSCN3907-vi.jpg

The interior door panels were built up using the pleated bed cover.

Like Rich said...door panel details are very faint.

Used the pleated bed cover to make new door panels.

Hood and cab sectioned with emblem retained.

Can't wait to get the call from my LHS.

RSCN1270-vi.jpg

RSCN1258-vi.jpg

DSCN1243-vi.jpg

Modelhaus currently has a '57 Mercury truck in the catalogue and the tailgate is available separately so you may be able to adapt it. As for hood letters, it would be great to see a photo etch set of both the '53-'56 and the '65-'68 letters... otherwise, we'll just have to cut them out of chrome tape ^_^

Looks like this reissue has the custom chevy fenders restored; one of the reissues I have with the blue truck on the box didn't have them.

mike

Hey Mike...

I have 3 kits of the blue F-100 kit# 6487 and all 3 have those custom rear fenders you were talking about.. Even the diamond in the rough kit which is molded in light blue has those.. You might want to double check your kit again.. ;)

actually, the best of both worlds is to obtain the re issued MODIFIED STOCKER set with the 53 ford p/u and the trailer......its cast in a nice crisp white, and includes all the goodies, tools, etc...plus a nice decal sheet with many race and gas station items. just a thought for those who may be planning to buy the new 53 ford p/u and grabbing a trailer kit as well somewhere.....might be less expensive this way, as EBAY usually has the mod set I mentioned most all the time, and they sometimes sell at a reasonable price.......great box art too.......the ace..... :rolleyes: