Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Pro Touring Coronet

1320wayne

I know that this concept has been done before by other builders but I think that this body style renders itself to a Pro Touring design pretty well. I will be using the recently reissued Coronet kit along with a resin pitchfork hood, wheels from an import drift car kit and decals from Firebird Designs. They make great decals in a multitude of colors of typical factory markings. The plan is to go with a white exterior with a red interior along with the color matching wheels and graphics.

I have yet to decide on whether I want to go with a period correct engine setup or a modern Hemi from a Magnum or Chrysler 300 kit. I may still have to flip a coin on that one.

Stay tuned for more progress.

20121116_132519_852-vi.jpg

20121116_132529_96-vi.jpg

20121116_132546_46-vi.jpg

You're welcome Wayne.

I love watching your builds come alive.

Not trying to change your mind, am simply curious.

I know you're pretty darn skilled at making your own decals. How hard would it be to scan the image, and change the black to red?

You would probably have to put a red circle or something under the bee. Anways, I think the white will look most exellent also.

Will be watchin this one for sure.

Corey

You're welcome Wayne.

I love watching your builds come alive.

Not trying to change your mind, am simply curious.

I know you're pretty darn skilled at making your own decals. How hard would it be to scan the image, and change the black to red?

You would probably have to put a red circle or something under the bee. Anways, I think the white will look most exellent also.

Will be watchin this one for sure.

Corey

Corey, now you've got my mind working. I have plenty of extra Super Bee logos that would fit inside the circle area that all I would have to do is cut away the black text and replace it with something else. Now I may have to ponder some different color options.

• 2 weeks later...

Corey, now you've got my mind working. I have plenty of extra Super Bee logos that would fit inside the circle area that all I would have to do is cut away the black text and replace it with something else. Now I may have to ponder some different color options.

Cool.

Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Corey