Model Cars Magazine Forum

All new Citroen DS19 kit

fumi

When I was a kid in the '60's, I saw these from time to time in my neighborhood. They always reminded me of a big roach coming down the road the styling was so weird, especially in black! I may get one just for that reason-------------weird styling and all, and you just don't see 'em anymore!

One wouldn't be complete without some hydraulic fluid leaking somewhere on the bottom though............... :lol:

Does anyone know which year this is supposed to represent?

My brother had a DS 19 and had to change a tire. So he raises it up with the hydraulics. sticks a rock under the axle and lowers the car on the rock. Pulls the tire off, new one on and reverses the sequence. Rock or car not hurt in this operation.

I really liked the car for th eone-armed steering wheel. :D

Edited by Foxer

"One wouldn't be complete without some hydraulic fluid leaking somewhere on the bottom though"

I have owned a 1968 DS19 for nearly 10 years and it has never leaked hydraulic fluid. If the cars are given some care, the hydraulic system is totally reliable.

Having built both 1/16 DS models, I have been waiting a long time for a 1/24-1/25 kit and am thrilled it is on the way.

Dee-lighted about the DS! Now we're getting some Frenchies I really wanna see...

Totally Amazing to see that still no one plastic kitted the magnificent SM design marvel in 1/24th scale, after all those years :huh: , maybe a future dream come true with... EBBRO :rolleyes: :

autowp_ru_citroen_sm_22_zpsed9040b3.jpg

YES. Yes yes yes oh pretty please, oui.

Hobby Link Japan is the best source for Japanese kits...got my Ebbros from there.

Yeah, that is my usual outside of the US seller, but they've been out of the Renault kits for a while. Reading some other posts though it sounds like those have sold really well explaining why HLJ hasn't had them in stock. Supply issue, not HLJ issue.

I never really cared for the looks of the SM, it looked to Euro "evolved" to me and really kind of co-opted. unless I am mistaken they were available here in the states used in the past 10 years for not much more than 3000$ typically which if true and if you were willing to sink a bunch of money into repairs, that's a lot of car for the money. but design wise, I think the DS23 Palais was about the pinnacle of the design.

jb

DS is pronounced deh-ess in French, or Déesse, the French word for goddess. It was designed in-house by Flaminio Bertoni, designer of all significant Citroens from the original Traction Avant in 1933 through to Bertoni's death in 1964. Virtual all are iconic to this day. They include the 2CV, the H Van and the AMI6. The DS was all that was avant-garde and modern in 1955 when it was introduced at the Paris Motor Show, and Citroen displayed it accordingly.

ds19-2.jpgds19-3.jpgds19-1.jpg

I'm totally stoked that this is coming out. I hope I remember to keep track of it so I can put in my pre-order when it's appropriate.

Edited by Bernard Kron

I checked HLJ and no such kit listed. :( Any details? Where (and when) might we be able to pick one up? It's just weird enough!

It's not out yet, my contact @ Ebbro told me should be out in a couple of months, that's what there aiming for ...

I'm thinking this will sell well worldwide. I dig the free-standing front door glass. Nice touch if you're going to do this model with opening doors. Here's hoping the panel fit will be as good as on the sample models! Incidentally, I wonder if the rear fenders come off with one bolt... ;)