Model Cars Magazine Forum

Primer then airbrush paint

Can I use a primer and then do my final paint job using airbrush paints? Or will it make the paint peel? I am asking as the air brush paints that I am using once applied and allowed to dry, when I tape it off and paint it, then when I remove the tape it pulls some of the paint off. I have washed the model and I have sanded it before hand. I am pretty sure I have done all the proper prep work. Now I just want to use a rattle can primer and then paint them with my air brush. Any help on this would be great, thanks in advance.

STICKIT2GETHER

PS I just wasted a Revell Muscle 06 Mustang GT, so if anyoone happens to have a spare body let me know I would be interested.

Edited by Stickit2gether

"PS I just wasted a Revell Muscle 06 Mustang GT, so if anyoone happens to have a spare body let me know I would be interested. "

What do you mean when you say "wasted"? If all you have is a badly painted body,get some Purple Power or Super Clean and strip the paint off and start over.

"PS I just wasted a Revell Muscle 06 Mustang GT, so if anyoone happens to have a spare body let me know I would be interested. "

What do you mean when you say "wasted"? If all you have is a badly painted body,get some Purple Power or Super Clean and strip the paint off and start over.

I put it in paint thinner and let it sit over night. It ate into the plastic. Luckily it is just the roof that it ate into. With some sanding and some putty I think I can still salvage it. At least I hope I can.

I'd have to first ask what tape you're using to mask with. Sounds like it may be too strong if it's pulling paint off with it. Or, the paint wasn't cured enough before masking.

I've never stripped paint using paint thinner. Do as Mike says and use purple power, brake fluid or the many other fluids that have been mentioned here to strip.

Well hopefully I may be able to salvage this body. I put it in the purple pond.....that stuff is great, thanks to everyone here how has recominded it. Now I just have to fix the roof. I has wrinkles in it from the paint thinner. I think with a little putty I can find it.