Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charles Carpenters 1955 Chevy Pro Mod......FINISHED...06/09/13

tyrone

Whats up fellas.... I got a little bit done on this one today... I got the rear floor area finished up, I added the brake master cylinder and brake lines, and I added the steering shaft through the fire wall to the rack and pinion... thanks for looking and comments welcome... 006-5.jpg008-3-4.jpg009-4-2.jpg010-3-2.jpg011-3-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks fellas, for the kind words... I really appreciate it... Well I had surgery on my knee Thursday morning for a torn meniscus.. recovery is going fine, I spent a little bit of time at the bench yesterday and made up some "splits" (carbs) using the carbs from the pro stock cutlass kit. I've got them all painted and detailed.... So today I'll work on my favorite part.. plumbing... stay tuned folks... more updates a little later today... 002-2-1.jpg004-4-2.jpg007-3-3.jpg008-3-5.jpg009-4-3.jpg

here's a few more... 012-3-4.jpg013-4-2.jpg015-1-3.jpg I've been debating on using the rear slicks from pegasus so I stcu them on here... and I want you guys honest opinion... do they look too big???.... here's the kit slicks.... 015-1-2.jpg And here a few pics with the pegasus slicks... 018-2.jpg021-3-1.jpg022-2-1.jpg023-2-1.jpg

tyrone, glad to hear your surgury went well! that's ALWAYS a scary thing.

as usual your car looks incredible. i measured a kit slick vs. a pegasus slick. in 1:25 scale the kit slick would be a very close 34.375 x 17.25. the pegasus slick in 1:25 is 37.5 x 18.75.

as you know there are 2 pro mod tires available form both goodyear and hoosier. one is a 34.5 x17 x 16 the other is a 36 x 17 x 16.

perhaps the wheel opening is a little too large?

Tyrone.... Sorry to hear that you had to have surgery on your knee but I pray for a speedy recovery for you. I am glad to hear that the surgery. You are making some great progress and the split carbs look awesome. I am really digging the look of the Pegasus tires on this build. Keep up the great work.

Thanks alot fellas, and thanks for the well wishes on the surgery.. I've been keeping ice on it and not moving around much... go back to the Dr. on Tuesday... I did get some plumbing done on the engine.. here's a few pics... thanks for looking and comments welcome... 001-1-2.jpg002-2-2.jpg003-1-1.jpg005-4-3.jpg006-4-5.jpg

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow