Model Cars Magazine Forum

Desert Scale Classic - April 20th, 2013 in Phoenix, AZ

Modelbuilder Mark

Got out of work early but the wife made dinner plans. Hope all you guys had a great time. Hopefully I can make the next one. Do you know when that will be ? I retire at the end of June so work will not be a problem for me again........ EVER ! Time to go to dinner...

Had a GREAT time today. Picked up some kits in the vendor area, met some great builders like John Teresi and picked up some hardware myself. If you did not make it this year, try to make it next year!

Mark, congrats on all the hardware you took home, and it was a pleasure to meet you, sorry I was in rush and had to leave and couldn't talk to you for a little bit longer

This year's DSC was another spectacular event. So many fantastic builds to view and numerous builders to chat with. I took a number of photos and once I get home, I always tell myself I didn't take nearly enough.

Here's a link to my DSC9 PhotoBucket page.

http://s437.photobucket.com/user/flyfshr/library/Desert%20Scale%20Classic%209?sort=3&page=1

This is a small sampling of the great models on the tables. I believe there were over 300. Enjoy!

As a firstimer to DSC, I have to say that these guys put on a great event. Everyone there, from staff to entrants, made me feel right at home. I had such a good time, I already have plans to go next year.

Hopefully the Arizona boys aren't too mad at us for hauling so much hardware back to Cali.

DSC2013081-vi.jpgDSC2013078-vi.jpg

Paul, it was great talking to you and checkin' out your great bikes. See you next time. :D

And , John, what can I say ,thanks for takin' the time to discuss and explain your great builds. B)

A real class act, both of you. ;)

Edited by Greg Myers