Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Chevrolet Nova SS (Finished 6/9/13)

JasonC

I'm going to do this one up as a street/strip car. But with a little older oldschool looks. I'm not going to use a hood, the tunnel ram,carbs,valvecovers are from the AMT 66 Nova kit. The wheels i think i may keep the stock ralleys up front and Centerlines in the rear. The Centerlines are from a 71 Cuda kit i think. The Color is Rustoleum Dark Bronze. The int i used Krylon saddle tan and tan flocking. Under the rear seat area i just primed it and misted it with body color. The tach, uderdash gauges and fire extinguisher are from a MPC 69 Mach1 Mustang kit. I'm going on vacation this week so no progress on it but did want to start a thread. Questions, comments, and advice are all welcome.

modelcars_006_855987.jpg

modelcars_004_85723.jpg

modelcars_005_667602.jpg

mocking it up

modelcars_001_683105.jpg

Edited by JasonC

Looking good, needs ignition wring.

All in due time :) I would like a set of yellow ones for this. I been doing my own wire setup with beading wire. But its only black. I had some prewired distributors coming and one was with yellow wires, but the seller decided not to have any communication and never sent what I payed for. I ended up getting my money back after I opened a dispute.

• 1 month later...

Going to try to upload a picture from my phone, so don't know if it will work. But I ordered a Accel package from Scale Models by Chris. It came the other day, and I wired the engine today. It is in the corret firing order lol. I may make a gas line for it too. Also BMF the body today.

post-11709-0-70719300-1370658852_thumb.j

Edited by JasonC