Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where's the Buzz? New tool Hyundai!

I just saw this kit on the shelves at my local hobby shop. It was a pleasant surprise to learn it was like the new showroom cars from amt. I didn't knew it existed, did some research online saw this article. A nice short review.

http://www.cybermodeler.com/hobby/kits/aca/kit_aca_15121.shtml

Then I searched our form and of course learned the subject of this Hyundai did not escape my peers. I think I will get a couple to do two different color schemes.

In addition I hope academy will make more models engineered like this. Low parts count models that have good molding are great fun and help me along when the more complicated builds slow me down. Just one more thing about this kit encouraged this thought: it is a new 4 door sedan like a promo. A rather unusual subject of a vehicle that is more a necessity that a dream machine. It made me think how happy it would make me if I could build a model of my wife's 2014 Malibu. I would find that as an exciting subject as a re released old amt kit from the 60's that hasn't been reproduced. But even though cars like hyundais and Chevys sell in great numbers in real life how many of those buyers would even care about a model of one?

• 4 weeks later...