Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2014 Corvette Stingray

Not a big surprise on the 2014 Corvette but here's one they have listed that I would have never guessed. Starsky & Hutch Ford Torino #85-4023

Late Oct release. If you go through their listings there's some other Oct & Nov releases without pictures but I think they were all announced.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERMC&P=7

-Steve

Fascinating...I had assumed a '14 Corvette Stingray would be out sooner or later...the Torino is a surprise...hopefully this will be all new tooling of a '74-76 Gran Torino (like in S&H) and not just the existing Revell '70 w/ a white stripe and slotted mags added.

Fascinating...I had assumed a '14 Corvette Stingray would be out sooner or later...the Torino is a surprise...hopefully this will be all new tooling of a '74-76 Gran Torino (like in S&H) and not just the existing Revell '70 w/ a white stripe and slotted mags added.

The listing has no photos or year details so your guess is as good as mine. What else can you get out of a 74-76 Gran Torino tool besides a stock version ? A Ranchero I suppose but I would rather see a '70-71 or '57 Ranchero. You can argue it's an Iconic TV-movie car but I can think of a bunch of others I would have done first. Go figure ....

The listing has no photos or year details so your guess is as good as mine. What else can you get out of a 74-76 Gran Torino tool besides a stock version ? A Ranchero I suppose but I would rather see a '70-71 or '57 Ranchero. You can argue it's an Iconic TV-movie car but I can think of a bunch of others I would have done first. Go figure ....

Well, a '74-76 Gran Torino has never been kitted before, and the movie tie-in will get some sales. Looking forward to it if it's well done, better than another predictable Model A, '32 Ford, or Tri-5 Chevy variation, IMO...

Edited by Rob Hall

I wonder what this one is... http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERLY&P=7 Judging by the low price, it's a snap kit. Maybe one of the new Police Interceptors?

Ohhhh, that is an interesting find there Rob, but that price tag of $9.95 does say a lot.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXERMD&P=W

Edited by martinfan5

There are two Corvettes one at $16 and one at $12...the $12 one is listed in the Snap-Tite Section. There's also a $16 '14 Ford Mustang GT. Makes me think both the Vette & Mustang are part of the line of pre-painted body/simplified construction kits like the '13 Camaro & Challenger because $16 is the running price on those.

In addition to the above mentioned Starsky & Hutch Torino, there's also a listing for a '55 Ford Panel Van. Both of those are slotting at $20, which is couple of bucks cheaper than the new tool '67 Camaro ($23), so that makes one think "modified reissue".

The Build & Play Mustang & Audi are priced at $12...but this new "Ford Police Car" as well as a DIFFERENT Audi R8 (for Nov) are priced at $10. Is there a way to de-content a 7 part kit even further?

The Build & Play Mustang & Audi are priced at $12...but this new "Ford Police Car" as well as a DIFFERENT Audi R8 (for Nov) are priced at $10. Is there a way to de-content a 7 part kit even further?

Maybe they plan to mold the wheels and tires as one piece... or leave out the interior and mold the windows black, like the old 'Snapfast Slammers' kits.

Edited by Rob Hall

I'm a little suspicious of the Starsky & Hutch Torino . . . they're re-issuing the '70 Torino a couple of months before the indicated release date for the S&H Torino.

That suggests it will be a '70 with the S&H stripes on a decal sheet.