Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 camaro build

bill w

• 1 month later...

Thanks Cato, I wish I had more time to work on the camaro! Reworked the leaf springs, they didn't hold up to the weight. I made a new mold

and cast new springs with 1/8" x .028 spring steel inside the casting, should be no problem with weight now. I also finished making acorn nuts

for the torque thrust wheels. I'll post more pics as soon as I have more done, thanks again.

Bill

Edited by bill w

Dude If you post one more pic of a real engine im gonna report you to my buddy Harry and then you have to send a fat wad of 20's if you want to stick around here! LOL! just kidding you do some great work I'd show this engine by itself OUTSTANDING!

enginebuild002-vi.jpg

enginebuild001-vi.jpg

Edited by Aftashox

Hi LDO,

Yes I did cut up a 1/24 scale model to get the basic shapes. I have a 1:1 camaro in my garage that I used for measurements.

The model is 100% scratch built except for nuts, bolts and springs, the plan is to make a kit, but there are so many parts

I'm not sure when I'll be finished. Thanks for looking!

Bill

Bill if you make a kit I'll be one of your first customers....And you can take that to the bank (along with the small fortune im gonna dish out for it im sure) LOL! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bill, any updates on this?

It's been slow going for a while. I'm working on finishing up the engine bay details, (battery, hose clamps, cables, stickers, wire harness etc.)

I also want to finish up the front end, grill, headlights, then I can concentrate on the interior. Hope to have some pics soon.

Thanks

Bill

Just totally amazing! You sir are one great craftsman!

Can hardly wait to see this one through!

I believe we have found the perfect example of "Master" model maker that we were discussing a while back!:lol:

• 2 months later...

I hope you don't mind, Bill, but I have pics of your project on my I-phone and am always showing people how incredible your project is. Thanks for sharing with us. You can count me in too, when/if you decide to make a kit of it. Keep up the amazing work! Oh...and by the way, as everyone else has said, those wheels/tires are stunning!

Edited by ScrappyJ