Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Star and 53 ft Great Dane reefer

• 4 weeks later...

Ok guys, excuse my ignorance... What is this, the white domed puck, high mounted behind the cab?

That's it!

Actually, the newest ones are white square boxes and would be easilly replicated by a white square piece of stock. At least that is what my Werner Peterbilt had on it, and it was completely hidden by the roof air dam. If I can find a pic that shows it clearly enough, I'll post one.

Actually, the newest ones are white square boxes and would be easilly replicated by a white square piece of stock. At least that is what my Werner Peterbilt had on it, and it was completely hidden by the roof air dam. If I can find a pic that shows it clearly enough, I'll post one.

Yeah Matthew that would be appreciated! There are not many pictures of cab backs to show the hoses, the wires, well just about all the equipment usually seen on the 1:1's.

Yeah Matthew that would be appreciated! There are not many pictures of cab backs to show the hoses, the wires, well just about all the equipment usually seen on the 1:1's.

These work Robert. I hope so since I don't have the truck anymore!! :lol: By the way, the little white square in the middle of the air dam is the qualcomm antenna.

HPIM4099.jpg

HPIM4101.jpg

As an added bonus, this is the newest (as far I know of anyway) Qualcomm unit in the trucks called the MCP200. This is what the home screen looks like as set up on Werner trucks, and sorry it is blurry.

HPIM4115.jpg

The screen is touchscreen and this is how it looks in the stowed position in it's mount, and the unit has a slide out keyboard. As an added bonus, I was lucky enough to have the NaviGo navigation turned on, as I guess my truck was a test unit for it since it was not available fleetwide. This is what the nav screen looked like, and even though it shows me on the road, I was in the driveway! :lol:

HPIM4113.jpg

That's all my wrist will put up with for now, typing is very hard with one hand in a splint!! :lol:

• 7 months later...

That's a nice 386 you had there Matt. I'm used to see the big "puck" shaped qualcomms, so they made them this small now. Thanks for the pictures, especially from the back of the cab!

I have to remember before I leave the terminal tomorrow hopefully I can get a pic of the new antennas, they have them in the orientation room for the qualcomm training!

• 1 year later...

We could use:

Placard-Holders-DOTH3-ba.jpg

Photo etch Placard Frames

Photo etch Lonestar and Prostar scripts, correct photo etch hood mirrors and brackets, authentic photo etch International muffler guards, accurate resin GPS dome, accurate 5 hole disc wheels for that "fleet" look, Current Thermo King and Carrier Transcold reefer compressors.

Get Microscale to offer modern 1/25th, 1/24th scale truck and trailer graphics...

I could go on!

Another pipe dream!