Model Cars Magazine Forum

Pro Star and 53 ft Great Dane reefer

I think it is mostly likely that Italeri will offer a Cascadia or some sort of Freightliner. Thery have a license from Diamler Benz.

I hope not, even though I'd still buy it just because I'm a Freightliner fan. My personal opinion, Moebius would do a new truck kit better justice. As for the licensing, Moebius wouldn't have that much of an issue, because the Hornet is licensed through Chrysler if I remember correctly, and that is a Diamler brand too.

maybe a cascadia???

I still prefer a Coronado or Classic XL first, I'm a long hood type of guy! :lol::D

I hope not, even though I'd still buy it just because I'm a Freightliner fan. My personal opinion, Moebius would do a new truck kit better justice. As for the licensing, Moebius wouldn't have that much of an issue, because the Hornet is licensed through Chrysler if I remember correctly, and that is a Daimler brand too.

I still prefer a Coronado or Classic XL first, I'm a long hood type of guy! :lol::D

I would prefer Italeri. First off, I prefer 1/24th scale. It is a bit larger than 1/25th and I think Italeri kits are still some of the best made. Second, Daimler sold Chrysler around 2005. Haven't you been listening? The US and Canadian governments had to bail them out. (No political comments please) Fiat bought a major ownership in Chrysler about 2 years ago. AMT/Round 2 still has a license with Freightliner, since Freightliner is a Daimler subsidiary and White Freightliner and Western Star are trademarks of Daimler, but don't hold your breath for them to offer any new tooling.

Furthermore, White itself is a trademark of Volvo. How did that happen? Volvo purchased the White trademark when they purchased the White/GMC trademark back in the late 1980s This means that Volvo, Reanult, Mack and White are today all the same company!

Bottom line, It is more than likely Italeri will offer the modern Freightliner brands.

Italeri probably would do any Freightliner projects but like most of their American kits they would probably be based on the old Freightliner conventional kits frame. Moebius has proven they can offer an excellent product at a fair price and I salute Dave for his efforts I also salute Round 2 for the old AMT Ertl rereleases it gives us much needed subject matter.

Like the idea of a new truck comming out and trailer .. I hope the reefer will have the motor in the unit and the doors open on the trailer. and the mantianc doors open to expose the motor in the reefer unit .The only kit I remember all that in was the Ertal Great Dane reefer trailer

Edited by Madd Trucker

Ive always been a Peterbilt man, the company I drive for is all Cascadia's with a few Columbia's, Cascadia model would be nice but I always preferred the Classix XL for the long hood but I guess thats because 8 out of my 9 years on the road was in a longhood 379 with 6 months in a classic xl.

Id love to see the reefer with options for both the sliding tandem and a spread on air since I hauled a 48' spread reefer

I was scratcbuilding a 53'dry van but that project has been put on the backburner until I get more rivets for it.......i lost count on all the holes i need to drill a long time ago

I say, let's just get what's been announced and then see what happens. It's already pretty exciting that Moebius is offering these kits. I have never heard of these guys until they announced they would make the Lonestar. Now, out of the blue, we have a high quality kit we can enjoy and they are announcing another similar truck kit and to top it off they announce a nice up to date 53 foot reefer, no less! I call that company a new very important player in the model truck field. Let's see what the others have in store! Are we witnessing a revival of the heavy truck hobby? I think so.

I's really a very good news that brand new kits coming in 1:24th or 1.25th.

After the excellent Lonestar, I hope we can give thanks again to Moebius in the short term for a new modeltruck!

I'll will order and build the Prostar when it comes, but as other forum members already noticed, we want as well brand new red ovals... can't any moelkitsmaker read this in this forum and see the business profit here?

Jaume

www.universdecamions.co.cc

Tower says, "Moebius 1/25 Great Dane 53' Trailer" not Reefer Trailer. So I'm sure Tom iMetzner is correct.

I did not even notice that, hmmm

Jonathan, I don't see anywhere in the original post of yours where you said "Reefer Trailer" and it doesn't show that you editted the post either. I don't know what Chucky is reading, but it sure wasn't the post you and I are reading.

Will it be a Super Seal or Classic? Will it have curb side doors or roll up doors? Will the doors open? Will it simulate polished Stainless or Aluminum sides? Spread axle, sliding tandem or Tridem? Carrier or Thermo King? Steel disc wheels or Aluminum? Helps me out a little Dave.

• 3 months later...

We could use:

Placard-Holders-DOTH3-ba.jpg

Photo etch Placard Frames

Photo etch Lonestar and Prostar scripts, correct photo etch hood mirrors and brackets, authentic photo etch International muffler guards, accurate resin GPS dome, accurate 5 hole disc wheels for that "fleet" look, Current Thermo King and Carrier Transcold reefer compressors.

Get Microscale to offer modern 1/25th, 1/24th scale truck and trailer graphics...

I could go on!

Any word on this stuff?

Here are some shots of the new Moebius ProStar Mock-up

Yes it has LoneStar badges on the door - we'll fix that. The cab on the mock-up may be a modified LoneStar piece..

I think that the front bumper is an older version and may need some tweaking. Newest bumper is three pieces and has slightly different appearance.

I don't have the mock-up in my hands - we'll probably fix a couple things before it gets sent over for a final hands on review.

It looks alot like a ProStar to me..

IMG0351-M.jpg

IMG0334-M.jpg

IMG0336-M.jpg

IMG0337-M.jpg

IMG0342-M.jpg

IMG0348-M.jpg

IMG0355-M.jpg

IMG0357-M.jpg

IMG0366-M.jpg

Hope to have mock-up revised and in my hands by early April

Dave

WOW!!!! love it, still looking for the long stare to get here.

Pleas don't start taking this thing apart about what all is wrong. We (builders) have been crying for new kits, now were getting them and still crying about what is wrong. If you can fix it fix if its real bad then say something. Because not all kits are dead on.Look at AMT,Revell and the others at how far off they are some time not even close( like the Rubber Duck). And these guy jumped in hot water over heads trying to something good. So enjoy it as builders some better than others. Give some help to the one that are not..

Dave you all are doing a great job!!!!! if things keep going maybe we can see new stuff like KW'S,Pete's Hummm. Great job.