Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8th Pocher F40 Ferrari

Romell R

Hey Rom! I haven't checked on this one in too long and I missed all sorts of goodness. It's coming along great. Keep up the good work!

-Art

Hey thanks Art good hearing from ya .......

Small update.... I was able to get the front tub covered in CF decal ,I also soldered together the radiator and attached the fans and housing. I dropped the body on just to get a taste of the final look. I hope you enjoy!

Not finished yet it still has to be cleaned up a bit....

bodyon001.jpg

fronttub001.jpg

fronttub002.jpg

bodyon003.jpg

bodyon004.jpg

bodyon005.jpg

bodyon002.jpg

See ya soon....

Edited by Romell R

Rom... Fantastic work my friend. This build is sure coming along and is looking great. that carbon fiber work is very nice. was it done in multiple pieces and did you shoot clear over it afterwards?? Looking forward to more on this bad boy.

Hey thanks Chris to answer your questions , yes the CF was done in multiple pieces, and yes I did shoot clear over it I used Tamiya semi gloss clear on it. Thanks for stoping in buddy I'll talk to ya later... Edited by Romell R

romell, i hope you're happy with this baby!! you're doing an absolutely incredible job!!!!!! sweet stuff, buddy!

Happy??? Man im bubblin over like a kid who has been let loose in Toys R Us with his moms credit card LOL! thanks buddy and I hope youre new 1:1 project goes well for ya.

Beautiful!!

Thanks Santiago im glad you like it bro. Hope to see ya next time im in your neck of the woods for a show... Edited by Romell R

What's THIS?? Rom, building in 1/8......and it's a Ferrari no less....................... :blink:

Just kidding mate. :D

Man, you know I do love a good large scale build, and this is 1 sweet build you have right here mate. B)

The old saying of turning a sours ear into a silk purse comes to mind.

These larger Pocher kits really should have a lot of this great detail already in the kit, such a shame that another high cost trans-kit is also required. :(

Never the less, I know that with your attention to detail Rom, you will even surpass that level, plus have a hoot doing it. ;)

GREAT work mate.

Man, I didn't realize how big that thing is, untill I seen you holding the seat. That's a table monster for sure !!!

Yeah Shane it almost takes up my whole bench LOL!

What's THIS?? Rom, building in 1/8......and it's a Ferrari no less....................... :blink:

Just kidding mate. :D

Man, you know I do love a good large scale build, and this is 1 sweet build you have right here mate. B)

The old saying of turning a sours ear into a silk purse comes to mind.

These larger Pocher kits really should have a lot of this great detail already in the kit, such a shame that another high cost trans-kit is also required. :(

Never the less, I know that with your attention to detail Rom, you will even surpass that level, plus have a hoot doing it. ;)

GREAT work mate.

Glad you joined us Greg and i agree with you a model of this scale should have had lots more detail. but im glad i get to add it LOL!

I got to get a few small details finished or atleast started ....so heres a inside peek.

heres the clutch and brake pedels I made them slightly curved like in the real F40

dash012.jpg

dash011.jpg

I also soldered together the ignition key and painted the keychain, then incased it in clear epoxy

dash009.jpg

here it is in the almost finished dash , I still have to install the gauges

dash010.jpg

The gauges are made from 4 differant pieces and I made the bubble lense from clear 5 min epoxy....

dash004.jpg

these are the air conditioning ducts that fit in the top of the dash , these had to be soldered together also...

dash002.jpg

lastly I wanted to show you the brake cooling duct I added CF to the inside

dash007.jpg

Thanks for joining me see ya real soon!..... B)

Thanks fellas for your sincere compliments ......

I was able to get some work done over the past few days but I wasnt able to post any of it due to my internet being down, so heres what I have for ya.

I put togetther the racing harnesses , fuel tanks , and the tail light pan. the clips on the harnesses actualy work too..... I hope you enjoy.

fueltanks004_zps084372b1.jpg

Clip closed ......

fueltanks002_zpsab4e85ad.jpg

clip opened....

fueltanks001_zps854d3237.jpg

fueltanks006_zps095fc490.jpg

fuel tanks after soldering....

fueltanks007_zpsf02f87f1.jpg

now painted.....

fueltanks009_zps31fcbdfd.jpg

and in place.

fueltanks010_zps96af43eb.jpg

this is how its protected from dust at night....

dash014.jpg

with a real ferrari cover

dash013.jpg

thanks for joining me..............

Edited by Romell R

Outstanding work Rom... By chance would you be willing to to share the Site you used for reference to weave the seat belt buckles correctly?

Hey thanks Bart! I didnt use a site because the trans kit come with a bunch of reference pictures and I used those.

Good Stuff you got going on here Rom... everything looks STUPENDOUS.... ;)

Thanks tyrone glad you can enjoy this Brah! B) Edited by Romell R

Hey fellas i was able to get a Lil more done today , I worked on the truck area where I installed the brake master cylinder and lines. I also picked up a 1/8th scale Snap-On floor lift just like the ones used in Ferrari shops. The car is matt black right now until I can get the gloss coats on. anyway nough said on to the pics.......

I scratched up a new roll bar from brass, because the plastic one that came with the car broke

trunkarea002_zpsf7fbb7c4.jpg

here's the work done to the trunk area.....

trunkarea009_zps69c45420.jpg

trunkarea010_zps0d2d19e7.jpg

almost forgot i need to cover that screw...... like I always say details , details there's always more before you're finished....

trunkarea011_zpsb45bf5ca.jpg

interior pics of the dash and seats in place.... i need to repaint that steering wheel too...

trunkarea004_zpsee16a97f.jpg

trunkarea005_zpsead66f98.jpg

lastly here's the floor jack i will display this build on....

trunkarea006_zps25b89d43.jpg

trunkarea008_zpsd542e1b5.jpg

thanks for tuning in see ya real soon

Edited by Romell R

What is the gray fabric you used in the interior? Looks like ideal carpeting for one of my projects.

Hey Skip its actually a grey ladies stocking and the material on the seats is a red one LOL!

looks like you are getting pretty close to completion Romell! looks fabulous man!

Thank for the compliment Bill, yes sir! And I'm getting pretty excited about being so close to finishing just the little details to get into now . Edited by Romell R