Model Cars Magazine Forum

78 Porsche Carrera

3men2s

• 3 weeks later...

I am now working on the graphics

here are photos of the progress and also included

photos of the 1:1 car and driver.

those who follow IMSA and like me love the old days

may remember Diego Febles. He was a pure talented driver.

Worked his way up the ranks, doing the mechanics and the driving.

One of his most memorable acomplisments was a 1st place in the gt class

during the Daytona 24 hours in 78. I was a kid when I started watching him

race in Puerto Rico and my dad use to tell me all about him. My dad was

in the pits during that race and was able to take some pictures wich I lost.

anyway thanks to goggle I was able to find this for reference.

by the way Don Diego Febles past away early this year and this build will be dedicated

to remember him.

DSC00477.jpgDSC00479.jpg

DSC00480.jpgDSC00481.jpg

DiegoFebles78Daytona1259422372.jpgDiegoFebles78Daytonaba3.jpg

GreggFebles21221874343.jpg78dayto.jpg

Wow Danny, I didn't know Diego passed away. I remember those days back in the 70's, when he took some loca news headlines with all his wonderful GT racing. Now, most of all the local car sport racing is drag racing oriented, something at least to me, boring. The fact of being racing a car for 6, 12 or 24 hours in an event is something that ask for something more than the preparation of the car itself, as for phisical pristine condition. If I'm not wrong, I guess Diego even took part of the 24 hours of Le Mans back in the 70's.

I think is a great thing what you're doing here by, not just make a great model with all those scratchbuilding, if not, to honor one of the great latin drivers of all times.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Wow Danny, I didn't know Diego passed away. I remember those days back in the 70's, when he took some loca news headlines with all his wonderful GT racing. Now, most of all the local car sport racing is drag racing oriented, something at least to me, boring. The fact of being racing a car for 6, 12 or 24 hours in an event is something that ask for something more than the preparation of the car itself, as for phisical pristine condition. If I'm not wrong, I guess Diego even took part of the 24 hours of Le Mans back in the 70's.

I think is a great thing what you're doing here by, not just make a great model with all those scratchbuilding, if not, to honor one of the great latin drivers of all times.

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Yes he did raced a few times in Le mans but the cars did not finished. What a great piece this would be if someone can do a TV spot on this in the island.

• 2 weeks later...