Model Cars Magazine Forum

My 1/87 scale models

H.A.K

"Biggie" 1/25 scale got to be to big. But still have most my stuff for the scale. I got into 1/87 scale, cuz there's only a hand full of guys out there building them like I am, and I need to bring this ratrod, hotrod, kustom feel to this scale the right way.

Thanks bob.

You are doing a great job. Keep them coming :) They are sweet little things!

P.S. build some HO dio, then a second one and a third, than comes a starter HO train set and you got yourself a pretty nice model layout, hehe.

• 4 weeks later...
Here's a 1929 ford woody from Jordan Highway Miniatures.
She's all done. Chopped it, lowered it and cut the rear fenders so it'll sit lowered. Cut a hole in the roof for a roof insert. Ditched the hood and put in a flat head V8, with PE parts from Pitstop Custom, grill, hood cover, roof insert, steering wheel, shifter, and rear lights with License Plate. Wheels from 2 diff Disney Pixar cars.

Here's a 1948 ford kustom coupe vert.
Started with the Woodland scenics 48 ford, then I chopped the roof 7 1/2" and lowered it to look like it has air bags in it. Tilted the window frame back more so it sits lower. Cut the vert top to sit lower and had to make it 2 ft longer in scale and made it a 1 peace carson top. Made some rear skirts for it. Shaved the whole body down. Put white walls on the tires. made a art deco grille for it. Painted the car a candy metal flake blue with lime green, green, neon orange, red, dark blue, flames, scallops, panels, and oversized pinstriping. 5 layer's of clear on this car.

Here's a 66 cadillac hearse/Ambulance from Busch.
I painted all gloss white, Then put skull decals all over it lower part of the body. Then I put flame and scallops mask's on it. Painted it a candy green. Took the mask off to show the skulls under the green paint job. Put BMF on it, cleared it. Put some lowrider wheels on it, put all the lights back on and done.

• 2 weeks later...
Here's another 1932 ford RatRod.
Built from a Jordan kit. Body is a very nasty rusty and dirty color. Chopped 6" all around. Channeled over the frame. The frame was Z'ed in the rear so it would set lower. Engine is stock but added wire and kustom made pips.
n_7h55_I7Ok_x_vRoVqB1yOzSY6mJs-vi.jpg[url=http://www.fotki.com]Hosted on F

Here's another 1932 ford roadster.
Built from a Jordan kit. Body is candy black with candy purple/gold metal flake. Seats are purple/gold metal flake and headliner is green/gold metal flake.
Kustom made frame. Engine from Micro Machines drag pull car. The car is choped 5 1/2" in back and 7" in front. Body is channeled.
PE parts from PitStop Customs. Grille, traction bars, steering wheel, rear tail lights and plate.

Those are wild and amazing! Is that a '62 or '63 top on that '59 Impala? Never seen that before and I like it!

No its not. Its post to be a very top. But I put so much paint on it, it came out looking like a hard top that has a 63-64 top on it.

Thanks,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just finished this 1948 ford from the movie Grease.
Used a Alloy forms 48 ford. Painted the body white and had custom decals made for it.
Put some BMF for the chrome trim and diff wheels on it. And added a PE front bumper from Pitstop customs.

• 2 weeks later...
Just finish'est the Flamed merc from the movie Grease.
Its made my a Williams Brothers Clear plastic model. Painted it a flat black with a glass over it. Flames are decals. Made a dash for it and rear vert cover. Added a steering wheel and changed the wheels on it. Added BMF doe the chrome bumpers and grille.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...