Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius Tim Flock '56 Chrysler 300b with photo-etch

Here's the box art I designed and model I built for the upcoming Moebius Tim Flock '56 300b kit. The kit will feature exclusive new photo-etch parts for the headlight covers, seat beat buckles and tie-down straps. (Sorry, the photo-etch parts were not available yet at the time I built my model so they aren't included in the photos. I made my headlight covers from scratch.) You will have to grind off the molded in headlight buckets and side trim yourself. The decal sheet (designed by Dave Van) also has graphics for Buck Baker's car although it's not listed on the box. The kit should be out by late summer.

There's more photos on my site here...

http://www.svensworldofwheels.com/56_300b_Tim_Flock_page.html

tim_flock_56_boxart_model_k.jpg

tim_flock_Moebius_56_chrysl.jpgtim_flock_1956_chrysler_300.jpg

This is a minor point and probably not changeable now but the car in the illustration is going the wrong way on the beach. The races were run with the water being on the passenger side(cars going north on the beach). I don't know if the speed trials they ran during Speedweeks back then were run the opposite way of the race.

This is a minor point and probably not changeable now but the car in the illustration is going the wrong way on the beach. The races were run with the water being on the passenger side(cars going north on the beach). I don't know if the speed trials they ran during Speedweeks back then were run the opposite way of the race.

Actually, the scene is correct. The illustration scene I painted depicts Tim Flock winning the '56 Daytona Flying Mile which was a two-way top speed run on the beach at Daytona prior to the big race.

Edited by S. Svendsen