Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius `65 Plymouth Satellite

You know, I posted in another thread that I have really cut back on kit purchases, as I already have a couple of lifetimes worth of kits to build. I only buy kits I "GOTTA have" Well... the Pontiacs, the Comet and the Plymouth are all on that list. Hopefully, the bodies will be spot on, and the kits will be as nice as the Hudsons. I am also looking forward to the Ford trucks. Keep the good stuff coming and I will keep buying it. Now I have to start researching pictures to see what drag cars I can do with the Satellite and the Pontiacs.

I had heard that the release dates for the upcoming Moebius kits will be sooner than when I have all my current kits built. Also, for those lookin' for the '68 Dodge Coronet, I had bought one from Modelhaus last year and should move it up on my build list, as it looks really sweet even in resin. Of course if you really need the styrene kit, I'm sure that some kit manufacture will produce it before h#@l freezes over.

Just a quick note: there is no German engineering firm, We are working with a factory in China that has done design for high end collectibles sold by a German firm.

Thanks,

Dave

Hope you have physical possession of the molds when they are done. Look what happened to Danbury Mint.

The Comet I'm not so hot for...

The Ford pickups, Pontiacs (did I misread something at NNL or are they doing the Ventura and Catalina as separately-trimmed cars, or just the Ventura, which was a Catalina sub-series?,) the Satellite and both Hudsons, along with the '52 convertible I still want to get.

I was very impressed with what I was seeing.

Charlie Larkin

I want the '61 Ventura and '65 Comet big time! The Satellite is high on my list too. The '54 Hudson not so much. I already have their previous coupe and convertible kits which I love. But, I've never been a big fan of the facelift Hudson did on their big cars for '54.

Others have mentioned wanting station wagon models from Moebius. I'm all for this too. Also I'd like see somebody do a 1960 Chrysler 300F. Preferably in a convertible. I'd also love to see a '71 or '72 boattail Buick Riviera.

Scott Aho

Edited by unclescott58

This is great news. Those bubble top Pontiac`s are beautiful cars.

When in dream modus,a nice 49 Sedanette,54 and 61 Cadillac Coupe de Ville would be awsome too.

I would like to see any mid/late '50's Cadillac. A '57 Eldorado hardtop or convertible would be nice-------a '56 Coupe/Sedan de Ville would be nicer! No '59's........they've been done to death! And yes, any '61 GM B-Body bubbletop would be super!

Edited by MrObsessive

10310617_10202808586708556_2856908561157

I believe this is the new Hudson? I whizzed by them. There were 2 different kits. Sorry I wasn't paying too much attention:/

There are TWO NEW Hudsons coming from Mobius (both test shots were at NNL East, BTW)! One (of course) is pictured above, the 1954 Hudston Hornet Special (a lower trim level Hornet) Club Sedan, the 2dr sedan version of the long-roofed stepdown Hudsons; AND the Hornet Club Coupe (same body type as the 1953 Hudson Hornet previously released by Moebius in 2012. I was at NNL East with Dave Metzner, and had the pleasure of scoping out both kits (test shots) and they are just that cool! The Club Coupe will have a set of optional Hudson wire wheels with spokes that are open clear through and have to be seen to be believed/

Art

That sounds great, Art!

PS: Can't wait to get my hands on the Ford pickups, the Pontiacs, and the Satellite as well as the new Hudsons!!! WOW. All hail Moebius!

Edited by Danno

That coronet looks badass. But most of those subject matter don't seem mainstream. Like not the prime time barret jackson type cars. Which is good, but instead of a 61 pontiac, a 61 cadillac coupe would have real cool.

That coronet looks badass. But most of those subject matter don't seem mainstream. Like not the prime time barret jackson type cars. Which is good, but instead of a 61 pontiac, a 61 cadillac coupe would have real cool.

I'm sure part of the strategy for the Pontiac and Plymouth are the potential drag racing and stock car variations for subsequent releases, as with the Hudsons and Chryslers they've done...I'd love to see a '61 CDV also, but I'm happy w/ the Modelhaus one.

Edited by Rob Hall