Model Cars Magazine Forum

Flathead

I know where the wires go... BUT ..how do I attach them to the distributor...I'm using the new Revell '32, with the separate front mount (stock)??

Mike,

How's it going?

The distributor used in the Revell '32 sedan is know as the crab or pancake type distributor.

FlatheadFront01-vi.jpg

Here's where I found the pic: How to Build Ford Flathead V8 Horsepower

I hope this helps!!

Later,

Have you tried plaain old telephone wire. If you rip apart the outer covering you'll find 4 wires inside (red, green, black, blue). You can carefully strip the insulation and use it for the "boots". Scale Dreams and Model Car Garage ignition wires fits inside the "boot" perfectly.

Thanks Raul.....

my issue is boots or holes for the wires on the distributor...too small to drill and my "boot"wire is too fat....

Excellent picture..thanks!

Mike,

I'll take a look at what I've got when I get home this evening that'll fit the distributor. (I've got the kit, too).

If I've got anything decent, I'll send you a picture and drop it in the mail Saturday morning.

Later,

Mike,

Here's a picture of what I came up with. The red wire is .016", the black tubing is .034". The black tubing is actually wire with the conductor removed.

I'm pretty sure that the red wire came from Radio Shack. The black wire came from Fry's Electronics.

To keep the bend in the tubing, I inserted the red wire about 3/4 of the way through, then cut a small strain-relief notch in the back-side of the tubing to help it keep its bent form.

I would trim down the inner posts on the cap a bit to make the center ones fit better together.

Since this was just a mockup picture, I didn't slide the tubing down onto the cap all of the way.

CrabCap01-vi.jpg

Let me know if this will work for you and I can drop some of the material in the mail Saturday.

Later,

Edited by Raul_Perez

• 3 years later...