Model Cars Magazine Forum

Start saving your pennies!

What's your bid on the car Harry?

Well, you know, I was going to bid on it, but wouldn't you know it... just before I found out about this auction I bought a small island in the Caribbean, so I'm a little short on cash right now! :lol:

I have absolutely zero interest in cars like this.

Then I guess you just saved yourself a couple million bucks! :P

I have some photos of a local guy here in AZ that owned 5 Hemicuda converts at one time. He had the first 70 Hemicuda conv that is red with the red SE interior, He bought the last 71 that is the export car in white with the billboards. He had the 71 conv that the Nash Bridges car was based off of. He also had a Vitamin C 70 Hemicuda conv and he bought and the B5 blue 71 at auction that was a stick. Not to mension he has a 70 Hemi Challenger conv in Plum that is 1 of 9 and a 70 Hemi Coronet RT convt that is 1 of 2. His name escapes me but he has a huge collection. He also bought the Shelby 427 Super Snake for 5.5 mil. The best part is he will drive them occasionally. He was interviewed a few years back when he drove the white 71 from L.A. to Phoenix. He was asked about if he was worried about insuring a car worth 5 mil and wrecking it. He said he wasn't worried because no insurance company would total a car worth that much. No matter how bad it was wrecked.

Ron Pratt!! That is who I'm talking about.

I'm guessing there are hundreds of guys here who have zero interest in cars like this but they didn't feel the need to make a comment... On a car that doesn't interest them... Did they?

I'd say I have LESS than zero interest in that car.

But that would be impossible! ;)

Like giant diecasts for the rich. Those cars were built to drive, not sit covered up hid away out of site or sit on display in someones building just for that "look what I can afford" factor.

Hey! There are model guys like that too! :lol:

Like giant diecasts for the rich. Those cars were built to drive, not sit covered up hid away out of site or sit on display in someones building just for that "look what I can afford" factor.

Hey! There are model guys like that too! :lol:

Agreed, whats the point of buying a car like this, just to put it away somewhere, It really will become some guys real life diecast, and thats sad, cars are made to be driven, and enjoyed.

Well, you know, I was going to bid on it, but wouldn't you know it... just before I found out about this auction I bought a small island in the Caribbean, so I'm a little short on cash right now! :lol:

Then I guess you just saved yourself a couple million bucks! :P

I also like the Caribbean Harry.

I have some photos of a local guy here in AZ that owned 5 Hemicuda converts at one time. He had the first 70 Hemicuda conv that is red with the red SE interior, He bought the last 71 that is the export car in white with the billboards. He had the 71 conv that the Nash Bridges car was based off of. He also had a Vitamin C 70 Hemicuda conv and he bought and the B5 blue 71 at auction that was a stick. Not to mension he has a 70 Hemi Challenger conv in Plum that is 1 of 9 and a 70 Hemi Coronet RT convt that is 1 of 2. His name escapes me but he has a huge collection. He also bought the Shelby 427 Super Snake for 5.5 mil. The best part is he will drive them occasionally. He was interviewed a few years back when he drove the white 71 from L.A. to Phoenix. He was asked about if he was worried about insuring a car worth 5 mil and wrecking it. He said he wasn't worried because no insurance company would total a car worth that much. No matter how bad it was wrecked.

Mans name is Bill Wieman

Agreed, whats the point of buying a car like this, just to put it away somewhere, It really will become some guys real life diecast, and thats sad, cars are made to be driven, and enjoyed.

its hard to understand filthy stupid money. would love to be so rich that buying a car like this would be like us buying a .90 cent hot wheel. these excentrics DO have cars that they beat on and drive. just like Jay Leno drives all of his cars, regardless of price. then there are the collectors who have drivers and cars they collect. the 3 and 4 million dollar cars get special garages and driven once in a while and the 500,000 to a million cars get hammered on!!

all so called "collector" cars WERE driven at one point, now they are valuable pieces of history. they can afford to put aside this car and drive the other 30 or 40.....

and i myself wouldnt hit a dog iin the behind with a Veyron, just my opinion. i can have more fun in a 79 malibu with a hopped up 350 then i can with some overdone foriegn washing machine! nothing beats American Muscle!!!

When a car gets to the point where it's worth several million bucks, for whatever reason, obviously it's not going to be bought so the new owner can go zipping around the neighborhood in it. It's bought as an investment, just like art or rare coins or Ming vases and stuff like that.

Mans name is Bill Wieman

got to that correction before i did Bill, thanks. if you guys read the article i posted up back in post #25 you can read all about the 5 million + cuda convirt this guy bought...... and drives.

just for some reference, my neighbor restores mopars and he helped put together a 69 1/2 road runner for a guy who dropped $13,000 on a pair of NOS rear 1/4's and front/rear bumpers for the car......... no, the owner does not drive that car! but he did put together a cloned 69 GTX hemicar for the same guy who trashes every weekend!!

Edited by tubbs

When a car gets to the point where it's worth several million bucks, for whatever reason, obviously it's not going to be bought so the new owner can go zipping around the neighborhood in it. It's bought as an investment, just like art or rare coins or Ming vases and stuff like that.

Know too many that are "collecting" the driving if any they do is not really driving and as far as investment goes well that is what they try to tell themselves, their wives or others that question why a sane person would give that much. But the truth is most lose big what they finally decide sell them!

its hard to understand filthy stupid money. would love to be so rich that buying a car like this would be like us buying a .90 cent hot wheel. these excentrics DO have cars that they beat on and drive. just like Jay Leno drives all of his cars, regardless of price. then there are the collectors who have drivers and cars they collect. the 3 and 4 million dollar cars get special garages and driven once in a while and the 500,000 to a million cars get hammered on!!

all so called "collector" cars WERE driven at one point, now they are valuable pieces of history. they can afford to put aside this car and drive the other 30 or 40.....

and i myself wouldnt hit a dog iin the behind with a Veyron, just my opinion. i can have more fun in a 79 malibu with a hopped up 350 then i can with some overdone foriegn washing machine! nothing beats American Muscle!!!

I get all of what you said, and agree, I like the Cuda, but if I had a few millions dollars to spend, its going to be something that I can take out and enjoy, now if I had a second round of a few million dollars to blow, then maybe I would get this Cuda.

I would fall into the Jay Leno side, I would be a car collector that drives the cars, not let them sit somewhere and collect dust.

All I am going to say is , enjoy your American muscle ;)

Thats exactly why I bought my SC300, it was cheap and for another few thousand dollars I can have a 400+ horsepower car that I can drive and if it gets wrecked or stolen I'm not totally ruined. You can't see the outside of the car from the inside anyway and fast is fast. While I would love to have an old muscle car I can't right now but I can still have a fast car to play with.

I would just build a clone at a fraction of the price. Or you could build it the way you want down to every last detail, and still not come close to spending that kind of money.

AND, you could drive it like you stole it, and not have to worry NEAR as much about something happening to it.

Corey

Edited by dimebolt