Model Cars Magazine Forum

49 Merc sedan delivery

tabsscale1

Todd, personally, I'da bought the rear door all the way out to the rear pan(valance),caz it looks like it might be kinda hard to match the rear quarters up to it(the door panel).At least for me it would. Your skills may be much better than mine, so I ALWAYS go for the easier way out! Either way, it looks good for a starting point, an I'll be watchin this to see how it comes out,So far,So good, Don't stop now! ;)

This is what I like to see...taking on a difficult conversion. So far it looks pretty good. 1949 Mercury's have been done just about every way they can be done, it is something with a different look to it and I applaud you. I am looking forward to seeing this one done. P.S. I like the rear door set back a little as you have it, if the fender rear ends are rounded in to meet the door, it would look sharp.....just my thought on it.

Hey Todd :o

A great start.

I see a faint pencil line above the door area that George mentioned, and it look's like you left some extra material there for window and post re-shaping.

That's the kinda thing I do sometimes, at least if that was your intent here.

If so, good planning, if not OOP'S :lol:

Anyway, it look's real good. It'll be fun to watch and see your idea's come to life :lol:

Have fun - dave :lol:

Edited by Treehugger Dave

Todd, personally, I'da bought the rear door all the way out to the rear pan(valance),caz it looks like it might be kinda hard to match the rear quarters up to it(the door panel).At least for me it would. Your skills may be much better than mine, so I ALWAYS go for the easier way out! Either way, it looks good for a starting point, an I'll be watchin this to see how it comes out,So far,So good, Don't stop now! ;)

Here is what I have done so far have the rear portion ruffed in on one side will get some work done on the other side in the next couple days.

IMG_2527.jpg