Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/12 `67 Corvette L-88 - in progress

Hawk312

• 4 months later...
Ok guys. I had to go back several pages to find this thread, cause it`s been so long. :D Believe it or not, I have been working on this one pretty much the whole time, but mostly trying to get the wheels right. As many of you know, I usually use the `68+ style rally wheels on these builds. I was determined to make a `67 style wheel and cast them for this build, cause I wanted everything perfect. Well, I think, after 4-5 months, I finally have the process down. I have a complete set of these now ready to go on. What do you think?
67wheelsgood_zps88028a56.jpg
As for the rest of the model, here it is with the turbine and `68 style rallys. It still needs a little polish and the 67 wheels put on:
wheeltest5_zps125b55c5.jpg
wheeltest7_zpsfbd12865.jpg

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the comments!

Ok, so here are a few teaser pics. The weather isnt`t cooperating tonight as it`s overcast and dreary, so it will probably be a couple days until I get some good pics. In the lighting, I am really having trouble capturing it for now.

80-l88_ok2_zpsc38136ef_cce963facc040f76b

80-dsc00013_zps0426fd24_50eafe09596ccf69

Thanks again everyone!

David,

Do you tape the raised sharp edges to not break through the clear when polishing?

I do do that on my 1:1`s, but not on the models. I make sure I have way more clear coat on it than I`ll ever need to make sure I don`t rub through. ;)B)