Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Nova SS

Thanks for posting these Len! This thing is gonna be awesome! So many possibilities and kit bashing opportunities!

Thank you for posting them so they can be seen without downloading.

Can you explain to me how to do that? Bill is starting the buildup of the Nova so there are a LOT more pictures coming!

I cant wait for this one. I only wish the hood was flat and the "scoops" sat on top like the real thing. I can see recesses where the scoops go. A flat hood would be great for a base version. Also I hoping the SS emblem on the grill is a separate piece along with the black rubber SS panel between the tailights is also separate. And how about a bench seat? maybe a resin caster will come through. After all it would be nice to do a 6 banger or a 307 V8 version, with dog dish hup caps, or even full wheel covers. Kinda like the car grandma had. Model companies always make the SS or the GT verison of cars hardly ever the base vesions. And it would be so easy for them to add a few extra parts to make them in various versions. Some photo etched emblems, and or decals. I now I'm probably dreaming. But no matter what I love Novas I've had a few, all six bangers though, but still cool. In any case its gonn kicks the old AMTs rear end.

I cant wait for this one. I only wish the hood was flat and the "scoops" sat on top like the real thing. I can see recesses where the scoops go.

Most likely they did it this way due to the thickness of the scoops, meaning they would stick out too much if it were to be a flat hood, besides this way they're always positioned in the correct way.

If you really wish to have a flat hood then, fill the recess with some left over sheet plastic and some putty, it's not that hard, I did it with the '68 Firebird and it came out great.

Luc

I think Revell deserves a BIG WOOOO HOOOOO!

for there efforts on this. They just continue to be the industry leader in New Plastic car kits.

All the new kits over the last 6 months have been wonderful. With the building options,

and excelent engraving. What more could we want? .....well a few more re-issues of some

of there classics would be nice....But I'm very happy with the current kits, and the state of the

hobby at this point.

Build On!

Ron

That looks very nice! I can't wait to lay my hands on one of them. There's a local car I want to semi-model, it's got a white body and pearlescent light stripes on the back. it's a later body style but I am not picky, I will use this kit to replicate it. It's a custom version as well. I can also see a factory stock one in metallic blue coming from me at some point as well.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the board, Len!

Sorry guys, I had changed the attachment settings for images.

When the board was slow, I thought some tweaking would help it out

Images can be posted in threads now, instead of download links.

Didn't do anything for speed.

I will have to do a fundraiser to get monies to run forum on separate server with the database.

Check out the "On the Workbench" forum for the buildup of the Nova kit. I posted the first of Bill's pictures last night showing the engine going together.

Next set will be later in the week, probably of the chassis and drive train.

And I figured out how to post pictures the proper way, so no more downloading to see them.