Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Li'l Hot Dogger

Mr mopar

Even though I have no interest in this kit, I think it's great that it's coming back for those want one. What harm is there in kits coming out that I don't like, but others do? No body is forcing me to buy this kit or any others. I get a little tired of hearing others put down kits they're not interested in.

Scott

P.S. Sometimes I'm guilty of putting down kits I'm not interested in. And I'm wrong when I do.

Edited by unclescott58

Even though I have no interest in this kit, I think it's great that it's coming back for those want one. What harm is there in kits coming out that I don't like, but others do? No body is forcing me to buy this kit or any others. I get a little tired of hearing others put down kits they're not interested in.

Scott

P.S. Sometimes I'm guilty of putting down kits I'm not interested in. And I'm wrong when I do.

Its called intolerance. There are many that feel that if they don't like something then nobody else should do it either. My feeling is obviously round 2 feels that wil sell or they wouldn't be doing. Hopefully it will do well and they will continue to release more kits. They have been doing a great job with most of the kits they've done.

Nice build of Dave's conversion. Pretty funny kit, liked some better than TD stuff. Glad it's back.

JB's not a hater (hater hater hater?). He did some nice builds of King T and Wild Dream, which are 2 of my favorite kits ever. We also like AMBR winners like XR6 and Ala Kart.

Some stuff is just outside interests. The JDM piped, cambered snoozefest 4doors and trucks do zip for me, nor do the US economy cars from 74 on, or Monster trucks. I always like a nice build, even if I don't like the subject.

Weird showrods vs. more mainstream rods just a wonky subset. The trikes/Bugaboo/Stingaree do zip, but the Lug Bug/Beetle Bus etc I'd love to see again. Need California Street Vette too, I've only got a builder.

Most fun is bashing. No wrong way, no errors to fix but your own. Awesome release from more "rigorous projects".

I'm completely against lactose intolerance, for sure. Any other kind of intolerance just doesn't matter, not worth the effort. :)

you do realize, Dave, that your post exemplifies exactly what you are saying in your post.

the cardboard cutout one was very kool. very well done. that doesn't mean the world is (re)ready for a kit.

that's the word from the "haters". I hate that word. that makes me a hater hater.

jb

Two notes........

My laser cut kit was cut from a high grade styrene plastic and thus was VERY close to a exact copy of the vintage kit. It assembled like any production kit with same techniques. I also did a Cashbox, Yeller and Mixer kits as well......

yeller1-vi.jpg

cashboxnet.JPG

Two.......

Now wait.......I voice my dislike for folks that come into a post and only post negative comments or how stupid something is.......But if I do the same thing I'm the bad guy?!?!?!?!! Seems like to me it's all fair....per your rules....right??? ;)

Not buying a kit is fine......getting to a almost personal level about how stupid a kit is.....to the folks that DO live these parts of our childhood.....take it personal. Thanks

I have plenty of serious kits in my collection, but, there is always room for my childhood.

Yeah, I am still a big kid with kits!

As advertised before, don't like it? Don't buy it!

And for the why? Because there is either a demand or this may be one of the few tools that still work with little dough.

Two notes........

My laser cut kit was cut from a high grade styrene plastic and thus was VERY close to a exact copy of the vintage kit. It assembled like any production kit with same techniques. I also did a Cashbox, Yeller and Mixer kits as well......

yeller1-vi.jpg

cashboxnet.JPG

Two.......

Now wait.......I voice my dislike for folks that come into a post and only post negative comments or how stupid something is.......But if I do the same thing I'm the bad guy?!?!?!?!! Seems like to me it's all fair....per your rules....right??? ;)

Not buying a kit is fine......getting to a almost personal level about how stupid a kit is.....to the folks that DO live these parts of our childhood.....take it personal. Thanks

I'm curiuos about the lasercutting. What do supply the laser cutter and what software did you use? What was the cost?

I love the Lil Hot Dogger.

Old cartoon show rods at their best.

Does anybody have a problem with the Red Baron?

I may not be a fan of Lil Hot Dogger. But I love the Red Baron. That's like asking if because I like Corvettes, I must like Chevettes (actually I do kind of like Chevettes, but that's not the point). They're both Chevrolets. But, not exactly the same thing. The Lil Hot Dogger and Red Baron are both in the show rod style, but again, not exactly the same thing. And it is okay to like one, both, or neither.

Scott

• 2 months later...

Oh I was just asking to see if people disliked the Red Baron and the Hot Dogger.

They're in the same cartoony style.

I liked the Red Baron, but never had a desire to buy or build it. I never heard of this hot dogger car until today. I do like some of the old Weird-ohs cars though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...