Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to the Hobby Town USA that's a couple towns over today and spent a whopping 38.00. Also tried to get a job there but they are not needing any. Side note, my new house is going to be only 13 miles from the HT USA store! lol

14183268468_ed5463836b_c.jpg20140607_191628 by jrherald420, on Flickr

Is that Orange going to be for what I think it is? Something sponsored by a German company on something that shoots things? As for the HobbyTown being so close to you I'm jealous, me and you will have to make a few paint runs sometime.

You would be 100% correct on the paint. Someone from the club has already been there with flyers for the show but they will not be able to make the show. I need to get more flyers, I only had 5 and he said there has been 30 or 40 people asking about it. They have the carbon decal set back in for the Ferrari and another set of tires.

Got this in the mail yesterday for the Ju-87 Stuka I'm building for the All the Rest Community Build here. I chanced it and tried to apply the Cutting Edge decals that I've had for 15+ years and it didn't work out well. The Cutting Edge cals just disintegrated after waiting 10 minutes for them to slide off of the backing. I know better to try this but hope got the best of me. Here's the replacements:

Snakes_zpsc2f87ca3.jpg

Wow that glare really shows up on that pic........!!

Edited by mustang1989

Least they carry the primer, I am happy about that

You know that's a good point because I was out of that stuff a few weeks back and was meaning to order some. My wife had me go to HL to pick some stuff up for her hobbies and just happen to stroll down the scale plastic isle there and lo and behold! I couldn't believe my eyes. Maybe it's a sign of things to come..................................sCh_christianpray2_zpsa0008398.gif

Yes, I am glad they carry the primer. I just have to order all the Tamiya paint I use..

I understand that, my point was that with the primer being almost double what the paint cost, its nice to be able to save a little bit on the primer.

Couple small but necessary eBay scores:

$_57.JPG

'62 Chrysler chassis (with torsion bars but not pictured) to go under my '60 New Yorker. The '60 chassis has a frame rather than a unibody setup and it's damaged anyway.

$_57.JPG

What's left of a '61 Pontiac convertible body; I have a '61 hardtop project that needs the taillight panel replaced. I think I can patch it together, now that I've made two damaged Continental bodies into one good one.

Sadly I got outbid on a Motorific parts lot that had the front bumper/grille for the '63 Chevy; who knows when I'll find another...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...