Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/4 scale c-cab

rocsas2

here is a c-cab i have been building off and on for a year. i need to smooth the frame and finish suspention. it has 426 hemi i dont remember what kit. i made the frame for the body. suspention works.leave comments and tips please. 149822_168827326472430_100000354925302_419719_2280415_n.jpg149822_168827319805764_100000354925302_419717_7585585_n.jpg149822_168827316472431_100000354925302_419716_7667129_n.jpg

Edited by rocsas2

Nice catch Harry! I never saw that kit before and it does have cam and valvetrain. Even cam bearings-get my inside mic ready!

Wonder how long since it went OOP? The Lincoln 1/6 427 Cammer I have pales by comparison. Even the price for this was not outrageous.

Nice catch Harry! I never saw that kit before and it does have cam and valvetrain. Even cam bearings-get my inside mic ready!

Wonder how long since it went OOP? The Lincoln 1/6 427 Cammer I have pales by comparison. Even the price for this was not outrageous.

It's a nice kit, very detailed. I built it, but didn't go for the "see-through" look... I painted everything except for one of the valve covers, so the intricate valve train was still visible.

It's a nice kit, very detailed. I built it, but didn't go for the "see-through" look... I painted everything except for one of the valve covers, so the intricate valve train was still visible.

Do you mind posting a few snaps? I agree, I wouldn't do see through-maybe cut-away if I had two kits and the detail stood-up well under scrutiny.

Thanks for posting picture and link-same as Harry's. Love the metallic finish you achieved on the non-painted steel parts. Sorry I missed this kit.

Actually there are several similar kits floating around out there, all in 1/4 scale. There's the Testor's plastic kit with block molded in clear, then there are several variations from Hawk/Lindberg offered as diecast kits.

Actually there are several similar kits floating around out there, all in 1/4 scale. There's the Testor's plastic kit with block molded in clear, then there are several variations from Hawk/Lindberg offered as diecast kits.

Thanks for the tip HP.

Wow- very cool! This will be the first 1:4 scale ANYTHING I've ever seen!

Maybe I'll need to do a 1/4 scale C-cab of my own...

IMG_1725-vi.jpg

go for it, its fun making giant model parts and playing with the suspention.:)by the way that car in the picture whould be wicked to make 1/4 scale.

Edited by rocsas2

• 4 weeks later...