Model Cars Magazine Forum

Suggestions for Brake & Fuel Lines, Heater Hose etc.

impcon

I am wondering what you guys use for steel under body.under hood lines such as fuel and brake lines, rad and heater hoses and park brake cables? A lot of us are on fairly tight budget as and with Christmas coming, the cash will no doubt be going other places besides our beloved hobby. What common dollar store or hardware store goodies do you utilize that are affordable to add detailing to your models? Or what pieces from what devices do you salvage for future use on a build? I ask this not just for my own curiosity but also to help others. Let's see what we can come up with here.. :rolleyes::):)

Plated beading wire from the craft stores (cheap) for fuel and brake lines. Solid copper wire with black insulation (ask an electrician nicely, he'll probably give a you a lifetime supply of scraps) for radiator hoses. For heater hoses all I've used is Detail Master (I think) that I bought ages ago (not expensive). Have not done any parking brake cables yet, but I've seen some builds here with them, someone will chime in...

If you know an guitarists, old strings of various sizes make great small wires for a variety of uses.

Ditto on the strings..... I swing by a local music store to the "guitar Tech" in the back he lets me Raid his garbage can anytime for old strings ESpecially after i brought a partially built model showing them what i was using the old string for...... Strings have that perfect look that matches most under carrige lines.... varietey of sizes and diameters as well! work great for lines under the car , the curles up lines going into the brake master cylander resivoir, and carberator/ fuel lines

Like mentioned i get mine free Lifetime supply lol B)

If you know an guitarists, old strings of various sizes make great small wires for a variety of uses.

Ditto on the strings..... I swing by a local music store to the "guitar Tech" in the back he lets me Raid his garbage can anytime for old strings ESpecially after i brought a partially built model showing them what i was using the old string for...... Strings have that perfect look that matches most under carrige lines.... varietey of sizes and diameters as well! work great for lines under the car , the curles up lines going into the brake master cylander resivoir, and carberator/ fuel lines

Like mentioned i get mine free Lifetime supply lol B)