Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevrolet Cavalier's

MsDano85gt

I believe there was some discussion here a while back about using body parts of the 80's J2000 pro street show car kit and an MPC Cavalier together. Seems like it would be an easy swap, though I'm not sure what you might use for interior parts.

as for all" general motors" the model kit is probl similar to the actual cars....... since defenately the 60's (Camaro/ firebird) had diff. front and rear valence but all other body panels are identical for the most part........ 1980's Chevrolet cavalier and Pontiac sunbird different looking cars but a lot of the same(interchangeable) parts more modern you have Pontiac G5 and chevy cobalt same body different front and rear bumpers/ lights just suble interior differences like guage color and Pontiac emblem on steering wheel vs chevy

MVC002S-vi.jpg

I've got some experience with that Cavalier kit. It actually builds up nicely. I have thought about doing the Pontiac conversion, just haven't had a J-2000 donor kit. Those all got sucked up for the pro street chassis! In doing that conversion, I'll bet the interior is near identical.

A few other thoughts I've had. I have a Jimmy Flintstone Cavalier sedan delivery phantom body. I've thought about trying to do a wagon conversion. There was also a notchback version of the Cavalier. I've eyeballed it and it wouldn't be all that tough to convert the hatchback body. The Cavalier kit is still out there dirt cheap. So lets see some builds!

Edited by Tom Geiger